What's new

HID problem, one not working

uzy89

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi

I have a problem with my HID's, previous owner installed them and the passenger's side isnt working, i thought it was the bulb but changed bulb to other side and it works fine, then i thought might be the ballaster, so i got 2 of my mate and changed them, again nothing happened... although with the new ballaster, it flickers for 1 sec as if its struggling to come on then remains off, si i don't know what the problem is, could someone please help me with this ?

thanks

Sounds like a bad earth on the n/s. Do you get power with a 12v tester?

One way round this is to use a relay cable and just run it direct off the battery and take the signal feed from the o/s.

My brothers Golf had a similar problem, kept blowing bulbs on the n/s so I got round it by doing this.

A cable like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-Xenon-Relay-Wiring-Harness-H1-H3-H11-880-881-9006-/320699678535?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aab30bf47

Hi

I have a problem with my HID's, previous owner installed them and the passenger's side isnt working, i thought it was the bulb but changed bulb to other side and it works fine, then i thought might be the ballaster, so i got 2 of my mate and changed them, again nothing happened... although with the new ballaster, it flickers for 1 sec as if its struggling to come on then remains off, si i don't know what the problem is, could someone please help me with this ?

thanks

check your fuses. there is one 10amp fuse for each side in the fuse box located by the battery.

Thanks for replies.

Ive already checked fuses and they all seem to be fine.

Fahad .. Is the job difficult to do ? i'm not much of an expert on car engines and wiring etc.

Plus isn't there some sort of way of making the n/s feed stronger ? i don't understand why would it be weaker than the other in the first place.

Thanks

It's not complicated at all mate. You can't make the feed stronger, it's probably a bad earth causing the problem. Are the spade connectors corroded or oxidised if you look at them?