What's new

HID Upgrade Question

dave0922

Members
Reaction score
Car
99 Accord ES, F18B2
Hi,

Can anybody with experience and knowledge please tell me If it is actually legal to fit aftermarket HID ballasts to my 6th gen? I have got the headlight washers on mine if it makes any difference? I noticed on the Type R that the lenses have a weave pattern in the glass, Is this to comply with MOT standards in this country?

Really want to upgrade but dont want to be fannying around when it comes to MOT time and having to change them back again.

You need self leveling headlights and washers, so technically it's illegal.

As for whether you will fail the MoT, that's a whole different argument (I suspect not). As you have reflector lenses, go for bulbs that have a cut off suitable for reflector lens.

You need self leveling headlights and washers, so technically it's illegal.

As for whether you will fail the MoT, that's a whole different argument (I suspect not). As you have reflector lenses, go for bulbs that have a cut off suitable for reflector lens.

Thanks for the reply fella. Well I have the washers but although I have the electronic adjustable levelers, they are not self leveling!
I didnt realise that they made specific HID bulbs for reflector lenses, will look out for them!

Thanks for the reply fella. Well I have the washers but although I have the electronic adjustable levelers, they are not self leveling!
I didnt realise that they made specific HID bulbs for reflector lenses, will look out for them!
Dave i have H7r hids bulbs in my 6th gen reflector headlights and they are very impressive. I would go for 4300k's, as they will look more like halogens, attract less attention, and give you the best light output. ;)

Dave i have H7r hids bulbs in my 6th gen reflector headlights and they are very impressive. I would go for 4300k's, as they will look more like halogens, attract less attention, and give you the best light output. ;)

Surely if they will look like halogens then I may as well stick with my halogens? I want the pure white light output that I see on audi's and mercedes etc.....

Surely if they will look like halogens then I may as well stick with my halogens? I want the pure white light output that I see on audi's and mercedes etc.....
4300k may look more like halogens, but my god they don't perform halogens :lol: Fair enough if you want ;) white lights, go for 6000k!

i have been toying with this idea as well :) so its ok to fit HIDs into the headlights, without affecting the beam pattern ? coz in the past all my cars have had projector lenes.

thanks