What's new

HONDA ACCORD CTDI RAIN SENSOR (AUTO WIPER) PROBLEM

nam123

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord CTDI
I have a Honda accord 2006 CTDI model..
And because my rain wiper sensor wasnt reacting very well with the rain. I stupidly to decide to take off the rain/wiper sensor to check if there were any dirt of some sort(the black box behind the rear view mirror) and now when i try to put it on it doesent react to anything just continuosly wipes the windscreen every 10 secs as if it was not on.. However it works and noitices rain when i first start the engine and then after driving for 20 seconds down the road it wipes continouslly and doesnt stop wiping even theres no rain outside.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

thanks in advance.

It's probably not clicked on properly, mine falls off sometimes if I hit a pothoole too hard. When you clip it back on, it needs to reset itself which it does by continuously wiping the screen for about 10-15 seconds then it should settle down.

It might be clipped either too close or too far from the screen so remove it and carefully clip it back on and leve it on Auto for at least a minute to calibrate itself.

could be how you have re-fitted it?.............with a hds you can enter what is called a (data list) and find out whether the sensor is detecting rain or not. it the sensor is in detect mode with no water on the screen i would suspect a problem with the sensor. there is a fault finding guide to follow but if you have no luck with it i suggest you give honda a try to sort it out for you.

UPDATE: Well ive tried calling honda today about the situation. They said that they would need to charge me 50 pounds for 30 mins investigation charge.......

However further to trying to sort out the sensor by re fitting it. It detects water but doesent detect it well (it detects it if theres lots of water or if the pressure of the water on the windscreen is hard enough to detect, it will auto wipe the screen) i tried it by squirting water on it..

Aswell whenever i just touch or tap the sensor it will wipe the screen even if theres no water or rain. Is this normal? How do you actually meant to fit the sensor on? Does the clips go around the windscreen attached housing holes. or directly into the wholes. (sorry im trying different ways of fitting it)

Honda says they charge 391 pounds for a new sensor it cant be that expensive,.,

Thanks for your advice people..

it's normal for it to work when you tap it. Remember you can adjust the sensitivity from the wiper stalk.. have a play around with it but it sounds normal to me.

it's normal for it to work when you tap it. Remember you can adjust the sensitivity from the wiper stalk.. have a play around with it but it sounds normal to me.

Hi thanks for all your replies,

Ive managed to get it working but it doesent detect the rain well. How do i get it so i can make the sensor be much more nearer to the windscreen rather than me holding it down whilst driving to have the sensor detect the rain? any ideas?

Have a look at the retaining metal clips, check that they aren't bent back or something.. Does it sometimes fall off or does it stay put?

Have a look at the retaining metal clips, check that they aren't bent back or something.. Does it sometimes fall off or does it stay put?
I only saw The 2 Clips which are plastic and they go around the windscreen metal mount. It doesent seem to fall off it just seems weak at detecting rain even theres lots of water on my windscreen. It can detect if theres some hard pressure on windscreen. Ive even changed the stalk settings to the highest sensitive.!

Nam it sounds like you need a new sensor maybe. Have you checked the sensor for signs of damage or dust/dirt?