What's new

Honda accord type s 2003 alarm not working

Well knowing that now I think if its not the starter motor stuck as it may have siezed being sat there. But if not I think I'll go and get the two components and then hopefully it should work. It didn't reach so high that it would have got the alarm siren. The reason is because it was parked on a slant front end in so I think that may be okay and as it's working I think the MICU is preventing it from full functioning and it's probably for the best that I replace them but let's just see first and I'll let you know

I've had a look at the circuit diagrams and the MICU itself is not involved in the engine cranking (nor is the IMOES).

With a faulty MICU/IMOES/ECU/immobiliser situation, the engine should crank (but not start), so if the starter motor is not cranking at all (but the lights work) then it's either
  • a weak car battery
  • faulty ignition switch when in the "cranking" position
  • faulty "starter cut relay"
  • faulty starter solenoid
  • faulty starter motor

The "starter cut relay" is in the under-dash fuse-box, bottom-right of the relays.

It's difficult to get to the starter motor on this car because the starter motor is under the inlet manifold.

Your brilliant thank you I'm glad we have covered the micu as it could solve the alarm issue and as for the initial staring non of the relays have been changed in the box so it may be at fault we might of just got lucky first time round as we did attempt to dry the box best we can. I think it's a relay myself or the starter motor is siezed in which my father is a mechanic and sort it out lol as for the ignition switch it can be ruled out as we replaced that upon changing the immobiliser lock barrel and switch it was all bought together with the ecu I will let you know when we try it thank you so much for the information it gives me something to do this weekend without guessing lol

Just hit the starter motor and it's alive again lol we know of the problem now as to why it wouldn't start. The alarm isn't flashing now as it did before so I'm presuming that it's the micu box causing it

Yeah I reckon that the MICU is interfering with the immobiliser or sometimes the alarm system, but the cranking issue would be the relay.

This might be useful to see what other issues you may get if water has affected any other relays

under_dash_fuse_box.jpg

I think I'm going to replace this box anyway at some point it's only £20 thanks for the help pal much appreciated

I was wondering how much you were paying. At prices like that I would get as many other boxes as you can e.g. Gauge Control Module (behind dash), Door multiplex Control Unit (under passenger seat), and "under-hood" fuse-box (the big fuse box under the bonnet).

Reason is that it's not only the circuit boards and relays that, over time, may suffer from water damage, it's also the connectors. All these modules are involved in "signal" paths all over the place.

For example the A/C pressure sensor/switch (down by the sight-glass) has one wire that runs direct to the A/C controller in the console, but the other wire runs to the under-hood fuse-box, from there to the gauge control module, and then from there to the engine ECU (because the engine ECU turns the compressor-clutch relay on and off, using a signal from the A/C controller routed through the A/C pressure sensor/switch).

Yeah your right I'll have to look and see what's still on the car at the breakers but I will try and get as much as I can in prep for future developments