What's new

Honda happiness clutch price increase?

kashim

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 ICTDI
Hey guys, called up HH to enquire about clutch replacement as mine slips in fifth. After splashing out on the VSA a week ago, now gotta get this done. Planning trip to Wales at end of month so thought I would get it fixed as I don't want any nasty surprises, as I have read the longer I leave it, the worse it will get. Was told by HH it will now cost £800 rather than the £615 displayed on the HUK website!! Honda UK have decided to increase the price at the start of the month. Gonna be on the phone to HUK tomorrow to see why the sudden urge to shoot up the price lol.

Well that's decided it then, when my clutch goes I'll be getting the paddle clutch everybody is talking about.

Where's the happyness in that price???? Or trade it in cos with that price for a clutch and the possibility of the cost of a VSA failure I dont think Honda are doing themselves any favours with there customers. Makes me feel like I'm driving a ticking time bomb in all honesty and makes me want to get rid of it even more whilst there is nothing wrong with it. Now I know other cars have there problems etc and its a gamble whatever you buy but £800 for a clutch is alot of money when the clutch is only £200.

Maybe I should have bought another petrol Honda!

Anyway rant over :rolleyes:

Where's the happyness in that price???? Or trade it in cos with that price for a clutch and the possibility of the cost of a VSA failure I dont think Honda are doing themselves any favours with there customers. Makes me feel like I'm driving a ticking time bomb in all honesty and makes me want to get rid of it even more whilst there is nothing wrong with it. Now I know other cars have there problems etc and its a gamble whatever you buy but £800 for a clutch is alot of money when the clutch is only £200.

Maybe I should have bought another petrol Honda!

Anyway rant over :rolleyes:

mate how do you think I feel having only owned the car since march this year!! I wont deny what a lovely car it is to drive, but the costs far outweigh what I have and will be paying out. I will most probably keep the car for longer than I planned now to get my worth out of the car. I was very lucky to have HUK subsidise towards the VSA but still had to pay a bit over £700. So in a matter of a week will have well over £1500. Gonna give HUK call tomorrow, but doubt I will get anywhere

on a positive note it did pass its MOT with flying colours :D

That is sad and disappointing new :(.

Oh great..... just started getting slip on boost in 6th gear and was planning a visit to the dealer.

I wouldn't mind £800 so much if Honda are throwing a DMF on at the same time ;)

Cheers
Robin

*cough* now over 25K miles on mine since it started slipping on boost in 3rd and 4th and as long as I drive around that its no worse...

at 800 quid a pop for the clutch alone and potential for the DMF as well I think "My Dilema" (http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/6642-my-dilema/) is probably sorted. Run it till it gives up the ghost and strip the car for parts... Heck if a VSA module is 700 notes with HUK subsidy it wont take much more to get back more than the cars worth to sell...

Another mick take by Honda. Just spend another £100 and get a paddle clutch with DMF from CG Motorsport.

Hey guys, called up HH to enquire about clutch replacement as mine slips in fifth. After splashing out on the VSA a week ago, now gotta get this done. Planning trip to Wales at end of month so thought I would get it fixed as I don't want any nasty surprises, as I have read the longer I leave it, the worse it will get. Was told by HH it will now cost £800 rather than the £615 displayed on the HUK website!! Honda UK have decided to increase the price at the start of the month. Gonna be on the phone to HUK tomorrow to see why the sudden urge to shoot up the price lol.

depending on your mileage, you could always try adjusting your CC switch on your clutch pedal. It worked for me and I had bad slip at one point. If you want and it's free to do, do a search on it on here....B)

depending on your mileage, you could always try adjusting your CC switch on your clutch pedal. It worked for me and I had bad slip at one point. If you want and it's free to do, do a search on it on here....B)

Will look into this Gav, cheers mate after the news I have had from Honda dealer today.

Took the car into Chiswick Honda this morning, having called them up only yesterday. They quoted me £615 under Honda Happiness!! But they would like to run diagnostic to be sure. I told the wonderful helpful lady I want it in writing, so she e-mailed me quoting that price just in case lol. Received it last night so was chuffed :D

They were gonna charge £60 for diagnostic test, but would waiver it if I went ahead with the work. So took it this morning and had to wait for traffic to die down so technician can take it out on the M4 to see if it slips. Came back saying the car didn't slip at all and was really suprised!?? And to make my day, they decided not to charge me £60 for diagnostic. Was happy to pay the £60.

Tested it myself and it didnt slip. I dont wanna get too happy cos I have this sneaky feeling thou shall slip again. :lol:

Thats often the way the clutches go, slips and then grips for a while and then eventually goes again. Mine was slipping a few months ago but has been fine since, I most have done 5-6k in that time!

Another mick take by Honda. Just spend another £100 and get a paddle clutch with DMF from CG Motorsport.

Do CG Motorsport sell just the kits and do we still need the honda alignment tool?

The reason why it's so much money to have the clutch done, is because they have to drop the front subframe to be able to drop the gearbox, and they have to drop the exhaust to drop the subframe.

I had my clutch done at the dealer on 12 October, looks like I got it done in the nick of time.

Labour on the invoice is £390 inclusive of VAT, which is 6 hours labour at the special Honda Happiness price of £65 per hour. Looks like the Honda Happiness price is now the full labour price, or very close to it.

btw I was called and asked if I wanted the flywheel replacing, £340 for the flywheel. I went down there and looked at it, mechanic showed where it had a couple of high spots, I said "leave it" and he said he would see if he could smooth them down for me. But while there, I said to him that I did not fancy dropping the exhaust then the subframe then the greabox with the car up on axle stands, and he laughed and said neither would he :lol:

Have you noticed its only the 2003-2006 ones that are now £850?

All the others are around the £600 mark

Steve

Guys as said just get the paddle clutch set up.
At Honda prices it seems mad not to as the clutch will only fail again IMO

@Brett, all clutches will fail again.... they are a wear item you know ;)

and mines at 177K now and is the original ( I've spoken to the only previous owner who took it to 131K from wheer I took over, its been slipping since ~ 152K if I really boot it in 3rd/4th so I just dont do that, its no worse now than it was when it started.