What's new

Honda HDS

Lol if I have to answer that I'm going to swear at you :p

Jon_G said:
Fair point. I certainly will be addressing the low fuel rail pressure issue without too much delay, as I'm worried the situation could deteriorate and cause DTCs P1065 or P0087 and hence limp mode. I ***ume that my ECU is compensating for the lower pressure by extending the injector opening durations to maintain the fuel delivery, which may well be causing fuelling inaccuracies.
but it would do the same compensation on all cylinders, so the point is, why is it not doing the same on all cylinders ?
the answer must be that each cylinder is not behaving the same way, which can only be either
1. the injectors are no longer behaving according to their codings
2. the port sections of the inlet manifold are clogged by very different amounts
3. the compression of each cylinder is very different

freddofrog said:
but it would do the same compensation on all cylinders, so the point is, why is it not doing the same on all cylinders ?
the answer must be that each cylinder is not behaving the same way, which can only be either
1. the injectors are no longer behaving according to their codings
2. the port sections of the inlet manifold are clogged by very different amounts
3. the compression of each cylinder is very different
1. I think this is quite likely.
2. Why would the ports not block evenly?
3. Good point. But too worrying to contemplate!

I'll add these:-

4. Because of the low fuel rail pressure, the injectors are currently operating outside the conditions used to determine the original calibration/coding, rendering that data invalid. (I think that this could be quite likely).
5. The injectors have worn after 160k miles of use (similar to 1, I suppose).
6. The fuel deliveries will never all be spot-on, and I'm worrying about nothing. (Also quite likely)

http://www.obd2works.com/newest-vesion-hds-him-v3012023-diagnostic-tool-for-honda-with-double-board-p-2009.html
Apparently this seems to be the best option for Honda owner, right? It's the most expensive one as well.

I also found some alternatives.
http://www.obd2works.com/2014-release-1-delphi-ds150e-auto-cdp-bluetooth-diagnostic-tools-p-1878.html
This one here appears to be pretty capable of everything and supports more vechicles including Honda. Costs less than Honda HDS and non-bluetooth version even cheaper. But is it good enough to support component testing and injector coding for example?

http://www.obd2works.com/hds-cable-obd2-diagnostic-cable-p-1473.html
Third one is just a cable, but might it work with proper software as it claims to support CAN bus and OEM software?

A couple of questions on this...
Fahad, when you stage 2 remapped and EGR off remapped my 2007 2.2 ex around three years ago You checked my injectors and set up the balance. Does this go out again over time ( I would presume with wear ? )

Secondly, My alarm siren goes off all the time when connected to wiring loom, I have changed sounder unit and Ultra sonic sensors near mirror but would a full HDS test setup, like the most expensive one listed by Matsalka previously, enable me to test the alarm system components........And balance injectors if required ?

Hi Keith, yes injector calibration does go out over time..

I've not messed with alarm options in the hds but I would ***ume if any tool is capable of recalibrating the system then this would do it

Sometimes recoding the existing Injector codes can help as it resets the learnt adaptation values and the ecu learns from scratch.
Hi Fahad,

having hds and replaced on injector fixed my smoke and knock issue. However still not happy with the performance/economy. As per above I’m temping to re enter remaking 3 original injectors codes in to give them new start from scratch, would be worth a try then?
Thanks

Worth a shot and also reset the ecu adaptation data, but I suspect you have another underlying issue.

Worth a shot and also reset the ecu adaptation data, but I suspect you have another underlying issue.
What do you suspect that underlaying issue might be?
Thanks

Probably at least one more bad injector.

Probably at least one more bad injector.
Could be as you say. Do you know place to recommend where I could buy replacement nozzle tip for them? I’ve looked around online but no joy.
Thanks

I’m afraid not, and honestly it would be better in the long run to buy a complete set off a running car and swap them all over. One damaged can cause the rest to suffer damage as it alters the balance.