Honda Multimedia Video Interface

Paul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord i-CTDi
WOW!!!!!

I'm really considering getting this, just need to find a cheap DVD player

I've taken the plunge and gone for one of these along with the ipod interface and a reversing camera. Will let you know how the install goes and will probably fire questions at you auto electricians out there.

Cheers
Neil

Keep us posted bud...

The nice postman delivered some goodies this morning :D Now I'm no auto electrician but I've already installed the ipod interface which was a realy easy job, it works a treat and I'm really happy with the control I have over the ipod. But looking at the wires on the multimedia interface, this looks an altogether different prospect :eek: anyone had any experience with this unit? Can anyone tell me what the connections on the 9th pic down relate to? I know they all go to external inputs like reverse cam, games console, dvd player etc. But which wires do what? At the moment I'm only going to install the reverse cam to it, but I want to get all the other wires into the glovebox, so if I add other devices at a later date I wont need to get to the back of the Nav. screen again. All help and advise is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Neil

P1010746.jpg

P1010756.jpg

P1010755.jpg

P1010754.jpg

P1010752.jpg

P1010751.jpg

P1010750.jpg

P1010749.jpg

P1010748.jpg

P1010747.jpg

P1010757.jpg

I'm interested in this , too.

I think the 9th pictures shows the video switch adapter - it's the interface between the Nav screen and your 2 video inputs (reverse camera and DVD/TV/whatever_you_want ... )

I'm not sure what all the markings represent on the unit. I know theres 2 video inputs (1 is obvious=Vi in), 1 video out (AV out), and an RGB
xcarlink
Vi in = reverse camera ?
AV out
R ?
B ?
Cam = or is this reverse cam ?
+12 = 12volt feed permanent or swithced ?
Cam = or is this reverse cam ?
G ?
S ?
NC ?
GND = Ground

Hope this all makes sense, if I know what all the connections represent I can work out where the wires go.
Cheers
Neil

you can eliminate some by doing a continuity test on the lead and see which terminals connect to the phono plugs i would guess they connect to the R,G and B and perhaps S is for shield on the phono leads

Just a bit of an update really, I've now got more detailed wiring instructions from Xcarlink. But they are saying the navigation moudule could be in the boot, is this correct? I thought the interface just plugged into the back of the satnav screen.
Cheers
Neil

Just a bit of an update really, I've now got more detailed wiring instructions from Xcarlink. But they are saying the navigation moudule could be in the boot, is this correct? I thought the interface just plugged into the back of the satnav screen.
Cheers
Neil

Neil also posted under another section.(helpfulhint for members on this page) The module they are talking about is the SAT NAV DVD player (I think) instead of connecting to the cable to the back of the head unit, connect it to the back of the SAT NAV DVD player and hopefully it will work. Ive just had this installed but suffering some interference on the screen when playing movies but also the NAV screen has turned a bit red, so need to speak to XCARLINK on tuesday. Let me know if yours works.

cheers

Shiraz

Finaly got this sorted after sending back a faulty interface, it all works a treat now. ;)
Cheers
Neil

Congrats ! Pics and video please :)