What's new

Honda Technical Bulletins

pauljdh

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-dtec auto tourer
Hi, do we, Joe Public, have access to the issued Honda UK service bulletins issued as required against in-service faults and issues?

If so is there a central repository.

Thanks

paul

Generally no, but if you search the internet then you will find people who will post them. They are only issued to Honda dealers to aid the techs in fixing common problems and issues. The problem is when some members of the public get access to these documents they don't read them fully and then go into the dealerships demanding their car has whatever update the document says when their car is not even on the list. From experience the civic owners are the most problematic they get hold of the bulletins and make an appointment to say their car needs all of the updates. Ive never had an issue with Accord owners yet. Is there something in particular you want to know then?

Paul.

wookie said:
Generally no, but if you search the internet then you will find people who will post them. They are only issued to Honda dealers to aid the techs in fixing common problems and issues. The problem is when some members of the public get access to these documents they don't read them fully and then go into the dealerships demanding their car has whatever update the document says when their car is not even on the list. From experience the civic owners are the most problematic they get hold of the bulletins and make an appointment to say their car needs all of the updates. Ive never had an issue with Accord owners yet. Is there something in particular you want to know then?

Paul.
Thanks....theres nothing in particular I need , but as Ive just taken a idtec auto tourer I wanted to see what Honda were worried about.....if theres an issue there will be a bulletin to cover it. Cheers

If you have any issues then I would expect most of them have been covered on here but if not ask. The most common issue is the dpf failing around the 100k mark.

By far the most common issue I see is dpf failing and blocked turbo vanes causing boost errors. Both are related.

I'm pretty sure on the Honda website you can check for any outstanding recalls on your car

wookie said:
I'm pretty sure on the Honda website you can check for any outstanding recalls on your car
funnily enough Ive been trying that but my vin is declared as "not valid" Im 100% sure Im inputting it correctly, all 17 figures etc....any tips?

pauljdh said:
funnily enough Ive been trying that but my vin is declared as "not valid" Im 100% sure Im inputting it correctly, all 17 figures etc....any tips?
Working for me. It's case sensitive, and don't confuse zeros for the letter 'o'.