What's new

Hot seats

Ashz

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 accord
Hope you 8th gen guys can shed some light, I am pondering on upgrading to an 8th gen accord from the 7th and wanted to enquire if the black leather seats in the 8th gen in the summer get red hot like they do in the 7th gen accord?

I can't answer your question but if your worried about hot seats just get an ex gt with half leather. I found them more comfortable than the full leather ones in the crv and less slippy when going round bends.

Isn't that all down to whether if the windscreen is heat reflective? Any black seat is going to absorb heat, and if the screen is heat reflective it's going to fare better. I don't think our 8th gen has that. Only cars that I can think of that has are Renault's.

They do get very hot but not as much as the 7th gen due to the tiny holes in the lever

So a slight improvement by Honda then. I suppose you could get the windows tinted to reduce some sunlight. My mate has a lexus which comes with heated and cooled leather seats but I rather remain with Honda.

Get some fabric seat covers? and go back to the 60's when we used to "upgrade" in reverse by buying "leather" seat covers. LOL

Any way when was it ever hot in
Blackburn? My mates grannie used the spare room as a fridge.