What's new

hot starting

piglet1

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 accord estate
from one problem to another I have sorted the running problem I had out but now thats sorted I have a new problem to solve.

starting the car when cold not a problem 1 heat and she fires up once she's warm she struggles to fire you can be winding here for quite a while until she decides to go iv checked and replaced the HPP and iv checked the rail pressure valve and no leakages at all.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received

Yes. Those flexible grey 'daisy chain' pipes that return the injector lube flows back to the fuel tank need to be individually re-directed via plastic tubing into 4 separate containers (and the open end of the pipe back to the fuel tank plugged).

When the engine is run, fuel will be collected into the containers, whichever is significantly greater than the average indicates that the ***ociated injector(s) require replacement or refurbishment.

Jon_G said:
Yes. Those flexible grey 'daisy chain' pipes that return the injector lube flows back to the fuel tank need to be individually re-directed via plastic tubing into 4 separate containers (and the open end of the pipe back to the fuel tank plugged).

When the engine is run, fuel will be collected into the containers, whichever is significantly greater than the average indicates that the ***ociated injector(s) require replacement or refurbishment.
I will test them tomorrow thanks

ok so tested the leak back from the injectors no1 hardly any 2&4 5-10 ml no3 30-40 ml

piglet1 said:
ok so tested the leak back from the injectors no1 hardly any 2&4 5-10 ml no3 30-40 ml
Ratio-wise, it's definitely looking like no. 3 has a problem then (and maybe 2 & 4 have some degree of wear).

Ones of the guys breaking a diesel model on here had a couple of injectors last time I looked. Might be the right part number?

Replacement injectors should be coded to the ECU in due course. Not urgent.

injector supplied by buckfusby from the sales posts fitted and all fixed and working fine