What's new

How do you use TypeAccord & why did you first join?

At first i joined to find out more about the accord as ive never had one and i think you get to know alot more about a car on forums and you can get a general idea of what are common fualts with them, as this is the first time ive owned an accord this forum and the people who are in it are like a portable haynes manual if not better very please i joined up and im always recomending people who have an accord to sign up to here too.

I agree with Matt about members' generosity of spirit. I have only just joined and don't really know my way around TA yet, but I like what I've seen so far. I signed up in order to find a spare wheel (which I haven't found yet) for my 2009 tourer. I am a little baffled by some technical jargon and acronyms, but I am too embarrassed to disclose my ignorance!

Jon_G said:
I joined the TypeAccord forum to meet young, attractive women.

...To be honest, it's been a massive disappointment.
Instead you got hairy *** blokes and just a few female members

Brian!!! You're back! Good stuff :) .

I don't fully recall why I joined up but having purchased my Accord I probably wanted info on servicing and faults etc. I think this was the first forum that I joined as I tend to be an anti-social bugger.

I tend to frequent the 7th gen area and it's subsections making use of the DIY/Faults sections. I'm not on hear that often but do appreciate the information and deals this site has given me and where I can I try to help with my experience but don't always post as the info is usually on here in one way shape or form (normally more succinctly put than I could manage).

Lurked for the last two weeks as about to pull the trigger on buying an Accord. (well within a month anyway)
Decided to join to try and be an active member...we'll see how that goes :)

I joined after putting a deposit on my 8th gen. I hope to become a regular poster, all I seem to be doing at the moment is reading old threads however. Most of the questions that I have have already been asked and I dont know enough about the cars to contribute yet but I hope that will change in time.

Im glad a joined this forum is an excellent resource and seems to be friendly and helpful.

I joined, to find out as much about the 7th gen as I can before buying one :)

I joined due to the excellent advice. I would love to be able to contribute more but feel totally out of my depth :and before I could even answer someones question someone else has given a better more knowledgeable answer so I pretty much lurk. Before I joined the mechanic owned me....now I can pretty much service the car myself thanks to this forum.... I've even tackled the dreaded fuel filter :) I've recently switched from a 7th gen 2.2 icdti to a 7th gen 2.0 s-type which I am about to convert to LPG so am busy trawling through the forum lol

I first joined THAOC in 06/7, and TA is its successor.

It's a nice atmosphere in here nowadays, no flame wars, or arguments when someone says the 'wrong' thing.

Seen some good lads come and go over the years, which is a shame, but understandable if they don't have Accords any more.

I joined this site today as I'm hoping to get a 6th gen Accord this weekend all going well and I'm looking for info. I always join the forum of the car I own too.

I check forums each day, sometimes several times a day depending on if I'm looking for inspiration or advice on repairs and upgrades.

If I get the car then I'm looking forward to attending the local meets and maybe JapFest next year.

Im mostly a lurker but will post if need any specific info or might have info to help someone though with limited mechanical experience and knowledge that's not likely!

I signed up on behalf of a family member to offer up their car for sale to help keep other cars on the road due to it being beyond economical repair.

Seem's like a nice friendly site, if a little quiet, but that's not always a bad thing! :)

I used and abused the forum for about 12 months during 2013 to 2014, along with a Volvo forum and Audi forum, as i was looking to change to an estate car, Tourer or V70 or A6 Avant. I did the normal thing and read through the faults/cost of ownership of all marques to gauge the best buy. Volvo and Audi forums had lists and lists of posts about faults and expensive parts, for example Volvo D5 clutch replacement is around £1,900.

The majority of posts on the TA forum were around modding and upgrading, with a peppering of faults, unlike the other two forums. I finally went for the Honda in October 2014.
Based purely on the feedback from reviews, this forum, and other local owners of Hondas - and was getting fed up of being crippled in the snow with rear wheel drive!!
Previously i used to buy german, Beemers or Merx, and one terrible experience with a Renault Laguna, good experiences with a Jag X-type and Isuzu Bighorn LWB.

I wish i had the knowledge to have gone with Honda sooner, as i have always had bikes by Honda in the past. I must say though the look of the 7th gen Accord is proper nice, i think it still fits in and holds the cred with newer shaped cars on the road today.

One thing i did read on the web is that the Honda is for the 'older gentleman', but i don't think there are many of the stereotypical age group ***ociated with the marque on this forum.

Feedback for the founders, moderators, admin staff and members of the forum?...............

Good job guys, very enjoyable site, good comms and excellent knowledge base. Would recommend joining the forum to anyone who is reading this post as a guest through google, yahoo etc.

I'm a relative newbie here, having signed up in September.
I was only looking as to wether I would need to have the injectors re-coded when I'd finished my motor swap.
Being used to forums, I did the usual first post in the newbies section, and got drawn into everything due to my natural curiosity.

It seems good, but doesn't have the same level of technical discussion as the UKLegacy forum I've come from.

The information's here, but you have to dig around for it, and Google seems to do a far better job of finding it here than the search function does.

I'd be keen to attend any upcoming meets, as I like knowing people in person, but they appear a little thin on the ground.

Owning and driving what is probably the only i-CTDi Accord in Australia, I would say that if this forum did not exist I would not have bought the car.

I have used forums for shared knowledge since the late 90's and TA is very much what I hoped it would be (and social media could never substitute for).

Other Honda forums I use are HondaHookup and OzHonda.

Another very useful source of info I found for my 94 Accord is Eric the car guy on Youtube.

like many I simply joined to discuss the faults on my newly bought cl9. What I discovered is a forum unlike any other I'd been a part of. There's some genuinely knowledgable people on here but above all some with a great sense of humour. It feels a much more mature atmosphere.
I sold my accord some time ago but still log in everyday to have a read etc. Although I have'nt yet bought a worthy replacement and the missus has mentioned on a few occasions "just buy another accord your always looking at the forum...."