What's new

How far should the boot open when you press the release?

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
When you hit the boot release button in either the car or on the key fob, how much should the boot open?

The reason i ask is my VW Jetta used to open all the way up! Should the saloon accord do this or not?

No mate. The saloon accord only pops but there is a way to fit struts to the lid to make it open all the way. I just realised your drivng the 8th gen so I'm not actually sure what its ment to do but the 7th doesn't open all the way.

No mate. The saloon accord only pops but there is a way to fit struts to the lid to make it open all the way. I just realised your drivng the 8th gen so I'm not actually sure what its ment to do but the 7th doesn't open all the way.

No problem mate, but its possible to fit gas struts to the 7th Gen?

Must be a way to do this on the 8th gen....... do you know how to on the 7th?

When you hit the boot release button in either the car or on the key fob, how much should the boot open?

The reason i ask is my VW Jetta used to open all the way up! Should the saloon accord do this or not?

No, it doesnt open all the way, however I have discovered a trick. Not sure whether it'll work for you though (unless it works on all 8th Gens!).

If you keep the button on the fob depressed, the boot does pop open even more. I've tried it a number of times and it does work - while it doesnt open fully, it is open wider than if you just press/release the button. B)

No problem mate, but its possible to fit gas struts to the 7th Gen?

Must be a way to do this on the 8th gen....... do you know how to on the 7th?

This is the link for how its done on the 7th gen http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310278 but theres no reason why it shouldnt work on the 8th gen as well.

This is the link for how its done on the 7th gen http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310278 but theres no reason why it shouldnt work on the 8th gen as well.

Ahh that looks quite good. Next weekend i may have to lift the carpet off in the boot to have a look.

Yeh. It looks simple enough to do, does seem wierd that they'd bother to put a fully auto tailgate on the estate but not the saloon. I think its something ill be trying in the near future.

Did u do the boot mod? I want to know where you got the parts from?

Should have the 7th gen tourer mate ;) . One press of the button and tailgate opens all the way and then closes again. It's proper suave!

It makes getting in and out of the boot very slow and makes 6 year old boys point and say "Cool". The motor then packs up and costs £1K to fix. So other than being pointless and slow, it's awesome ;) :lol: .

My 7th gen opened about 3" but my 8th gen opens 18"

My 7th gen opened about 3" but my 8th gen opens 18"

mine opens all the way after I modified it last year..... no more struggling with laptop and coat etc