What's new

how long to change fuel filter

rhinogolf

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th&8th gen tourers
How long should it take a honda mechanic to change a fuel filter got 1 coming round tonight to replace mine but am wanting to get out to work an ferry you romantics around tonight

A very compete mechanic ie Honda master tech about 1/2 hr a regular joe type mechanic about an hour. It took me an hour when I changed mine last and Im just a keen DIYer.

cheers always worrying over the slightest thing with this car at moment last wk car had hardly any power then on sat all back to normal????

Yep 30 that's what Honda charge and 60 min plus for normal guy

cheers always worrying over the slightest thing with this car at moment last wk car had hardly any power then on sat all back to normal????

If it had no power it was in limp home mode where it would not go over 2k rpm. Did you get the fault code read? was it low fuel pressure?? I would suspect it will be cured by a new genuine filter its a common issue we see on TA.

If you have a remap I wouldn't have thought it was that as the icdti maps via elite / celtic are tried and tested. Mind you there will always be some out there to tell you its probably a modification you have had as its any easy excuse for people who dont know whats wrong.

Anyway good luck with the car buddy.

Mind you there will always be some out there to tell you its probably a modification you have had as its any easy excuse for people who dont know whats wrong.

;)

No m8 its wasn't in limp home mode I had power in 1st-3rd gear then just flat above this still went over 3rpm but at a steady progress was like this for 3days then every thing returned on saturday???
Anway had local honda tech over tonight fitted fuel filter in 15mins only charged a tenner but gave him twenty dealer wanted £89

Defo sounds like a fuel delivery problem, lets hope changing the ff solves your issue.

BTW £10 was a great price mate if your confident in his work post about it as it may also help less mechanically minded members near your way.

Agree with Andy mate if you have a good guy to do work on our cars please share as it will be good business for him as well

I wonder if he does free Honda healthchecks too? Sounds like a bargain at a tenner.

I think he would be up for its as was going straight on to some1 else hes changing my front pads and discs nxt wk so will ask him. Car back to normal but still got glowplug sign flashing as he never had code reader to clear.

If your my way mate I will clear them free of charge for you.

Im in york m8 im waiting on fahad to get back to me , were r u big thanks though

Im in york m8 im waiting on fahad to get back to me , were r u big thanks though

Im M5 J5 Droitwich mate.

But if your more local to Faddy Im sure he can discuss things with you and get the code's read and deleted.

Bring it over on Sunday mate.

will try and shuffle some things around mate and come Sunday if not will come week end after if ok