What's new

How Many 8th Gen Owners?

A

A-EX

Just curious to see how many reside on the site - feel like I should have gone for the 7th Gen given its popularity!!

Saj I would think we have half a dozen members with 8th gen but really active as nothing goes wrong.

As for 7th gen being popular ,it purely down to boon time between 2003-2007 which saw the 7th gen sell in large numbers.but the 8th gen is a far superior car to the 7th in many way so dony worry ..I will be joining you in another 450 days ...

To be fair to the 7th gen (CTDI), which I did test drive and thoroughly enjoy, I do agree with you about the superiority of the 8th gen. In fact I'd go so far as to say that in terms of equipment/value for money and reliability, it beats the pants off many similarly priced 3 Series/A4s/C class Mercs - the latter of which are horrifically under equipped in a like-for-like price comparison.

Depending on the changes to the facelift 8th gen, I'll hold onto the car I have now. In the several weeks I have had the car, I am just speechless at how brilliant it really is.

what club discount do we get ? ;)

8th gen will never get the appreciation it truly deserver since it not setting the sales chart up it will be a rare car..which I like ... I personally am on count down to buy my milano red 2.4 tourer manual with all the options as standard it goning to be an expensive car..:wub:

lets put it this way we wont be seeing too many 8th gen in taxi's..;)

LOL @ Taxi's!!

Well, ironic you mention Milano Red - that was one colour I really liked, but then I have always wanted (but never had) a black car. So I went for the one I have now with an excruiating wait to foot as well!

All in, with every possible toy you can get (barring accessories) in it and I am delighted that it is, as you say, a rare car. If the facelift has significant enough changes to warrant the expected price hike, I may, just may go for the Type S next time- only thing I dont like is the orange front indicator lenses on the headlamps - although i must say that the xenons are the best I have ever come across in my motoring history.

I just hope that the changes dont inflate the price- a bit of a catch-22 situation in trying to boost sales with changes that cost more!

Who knows, I might just snare a new one and keep the one I have now!

Out of interest - have any major gremlins been "outed" on the 8?

Me...Type-S i-DTEC Owner :D

It seems brisk but doubt it would eat a remapped i-cdti...

Never been in a remapped one so it's hard to tell. I siluspect the 8th gen is heavier so with a remap; not knowing the remapped torque figures, it could be close...

Let's just agree to disagree shall we.

Hi there, just new to here very good site lads! I have an 8th Gen Type S, which when it comes down to it is all the car I'll ever need. Awesome spec and power for the price when compared to the equivilent German offerings. Had it for about a year now and I wont be changing it for a long time.

Fella I had a types s for the whole day and I blew the opposition away the enemy d4d 180 was blown to high water .. the i-ctdi was there but in stock trim.. that was left in third gear.

No need for figures I have done the real thing..

Me too, I took one out for a long drive and man did it shift! Was so so impressed with that car, was a 180bhp diesel tourer in a deep metallic purple sort of colour. Shame there aren't more of them about.

I just handed in my 2003 2.4 type 7th gen for an 8th gen 2.0 litre.

Plenty of 8th gen accords here in Gibraltar and many more so of the 7th generation.

Then again japaneese cars sell very well here.

hi, just about to trade my 7th gen ictdi executive for a 8th gen iDect ES GT Tourer, was meant to be a petrol but they sent it to trade after I done the deal and before I seen it, but it works out better for me as i get a newer car for the same price (59 instead of a 58) and they make up the diff. only down side is the iDect is 61000 double the mileage of the petrol, but it should be fine.

Ian

Welcome Ian,good decision you made their,don't worry about the mileage thats what the DTEC is built for not pootling down the shops every other day.

8th Gen 2.4 ex Tourer here with all the bells and whistles!

Saj I would think we have half a dozen members with 8th gen but really active as nothing goes wrong.

Alas pepster if only "nothing went wrong" !

There is an exception to every rule.... in this case me and my not so trusty 8th gen :(

Having had my car for just 4 months (3 years old when I bought it) its back in the dealers with the same electrical fault, it has failed me 3 times and a 4th time happened while the service manager had it during a road test.
It has had a new ecu and now needs a wiring loom (or part there off) which is not available & needs to be made in Japan so no delivery forecast is available at this time.

I should at this point say that my dealer and all of their staff have been very good - everything you would hope for in fact so I have absolutely no gripes in that direction at all..... that being said thus far my enjoyment of my car has been severely degraded by its repeated failure and 70 mile round trip visits to pick up and drop off courtesy cars.

As I said not all 8th gens are faultless.

Funny thing is that I read through this forum as part of my research process on the 8th Gen before I bought mine :wacko:

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Must have been a Friday afternoon car or poorly maintained by prior owner. Did you buy from a dealer? If so, you should be able to ask them to change it for another one (pending suitable supply etc). No harm in asking the question. Hope it all works out for you Sir. :)

Sorry to hear this Colin this is the 1st case iv heard of this in the 8th gen.

was going to give a chirpy chip in but the thread’s sort of gone a bit sour.. Hope it get’s worked out Colin
I had lots of issues with my 7th Gen and nearly put me off a pre owned 8G, but I went for it, it's in for a couple of speakers and an optional extra so not driven her too much yet but bar those niggles she's a n i c e car, like others the rarity is really appealing!
iDetec, EX, ADAS, door and bumper garnishes, spoiler, chrome step plates, rear privacy glass, sort of chocolaty pearlescent and such a leap from the pre facelift 7th Gen in most areas

there's 1 other sometimes on our estate and finally saw one on the road the other day! but seeing SO many 7th gens about now, I think it's more of a I’ve changed my car and that’s why I'm noticing them. 1st car that made me go out and buy lot’s of cleaning products.. but damn is she huge! – don’t even notice it whilst driving though

J

was going to give a chirpy chip in but the thread’s sort of gone a bit sour.. Hope it get’s worked out Colin
I had lots of issues with my 7th Gen and nearly put me off a pre owned 8G, but I went for it, it's in for a couple of speakers and an optional extra so not driven her too much yet but bar those niggles she's a n i c e car, like others the rarity is really appealing!
iDetec, EX, ADAS, door and bumper garnishes, spoiler, chrome step plates, rear privacy glass, sort of chocolaty pearlescent and such a leap from the pre facelift 7th Gen in most areas

there's 1 other sometimes on our estate and finally saw one on the road the other day! but seeing SO many 7th gens about now, I think it's more of a I’ve changed my car and that’s why I'm noticing them. 1st car that made me go out and buy lot’s of cleaning products.. but damn is she huge! – don’t even notice it whilst driving though

J

Agree, the 8th Gen is on the large size, but I like that. Scares the opposition outta the way!

:lol:

seems more like a 5 series than a 3 size wise..
damn, mentioned the germans.. my bad

In dimensions yes, the 8th Gen is not that much smaller than a 5-Series.

And by extension, makes the overpriced/underequipped 3-Series look small and pitiful. Which it most certainly IS.

In dimensions yes, the 8th Gen is not that much smaller than a 5-Series.

And by extension, makes the overpriced/underequipped 3-Series look small and pitiful. Which it most certainly IS.

According to Honda's dimension spec's the 8th gen is slightly shorter, lower and slightly wider than the 7th gen. I agree it feels and looks a lot larger. I swapped my 7th gen Tourer for an 8th gen in November last year - best thing I did. Much nicer car to drive, more comfy on long journeys and handles better. What more could a man want?................no need to answer that - she doesn't exist.

According to Honda's dimension spec's the 8th gen is slightly shorter, lower and slightly wider than the 7th gen. I agree it feels and looks a lot larger. I swapped my 7th gen Tourer for an 8th gen in November last year - best thing I did. Much nicer car to drive, more comfy on long journeys and handles better. What more could a man want?................no need to answer that - she doesn't exist.

:lol:

I was JUST gonna say that!!!!!!

LMFAO!

I agree it IS a much nicer car to drive. took me a little while to decide. but I'm def in teh nicer car to drive camp now.

Hopefully Ill be a new owner next Saturday :D I was going to get a 7th gen but after some research the 8th gen seemed more reliable choice. Only time will tell I guess.