What's new

How Many 8th Gen Owners?

Nice one get some potos up when you get it.

What spec are you going for

Nice one get some potos up when you get it.

What spec are you going for

I`m getting the 2.2 EX GT. I'm just surprised that there's not much info on the car even from Hondas website. I`ll no doubt be asking a load of questions to confirm what's different as the guy at Honda I called didn't sound too convincing.

Heres what I`ll pick up next week.
accord45.jpg

Looks lovely mate

I`m getting the 2.2 EX GT. I'm just surprised that there's not much info on the car even from Hondas website. I`ll no doubt be asking a load of questions to confirm what's different as the guy at Honda I called didn't sound too convincing.

Heres what I`ll pick up next week.
accord45.jpg

Looks like its fitted with a 'semaphore' arm indicator on the drivers window! ...if you are old enough to remember those. Only kidding. Looks reeally nice. Enjoy

Looks like its fitted with a 'semaphore' arm indicator on the drivers window! ...if you are old enough to remember those. Only kidding. Looks reeally nice. Enjoy

Im too young to know what one of those is. :blush: Actually I was thinking of starting a pole on the average age of an 8th gen owner. We did it on the RB5 forum and it proved quite interesting. I just wondered if there was any owners under the age of 35 :ph34r:

Thinking about changing my 7th Gen Tourer for an 8th Gen. I don't do enough miles to make a diesel worthwhile, but the current Which? report gives the petrol version just 2 stars for breakdowns (based on 87 reports). My 7th Gen has been very reliable. Should I believe the Which? report?

Just joined the site and just bought my first Honda, 8th gen 2.0 auto EX spec.

Post some in the gallery section you will need a photo bucket account and post the link in to the section

Another new 8th Gen owner here, Used to have a 7th Gen 2.4 for a few years, then went to a diesel Mondeo (175bhp) which lasted a year before I got sick of the bad build quality/unreliability/bad Ford service!

I've got the 2.4 EX Tourer, thought about the 2.2iDtec but was put off by the slightly higher service frequency/costs and potential for Turbo/DPF issues when out of warranty. TBO I've been put off diesels for the next few years until they Iron out these DPF issues, seems no manufactuer can get it perfect yet!

I was going to hold out for a 2.0 EX Tourer but I've still yet to see one for sale!

Bit of a thread resurrect,

New to the forum and new to Accord's 8th gen 2.0 manual EX spec owner here :D 59 plate with 23000 miles on the clock.... Oh and I'm loving it!

Just landed here from civinfo. I'll miss you Pottsy! Traded my civic for a 2.4 type S. It feels huge but it's also great fun!

Just landed here from civinfo. I'll miss you Pottsy! Traded my civic for a 2.4 type S. It feels huge but it's also great fun!
Get some photos up Bob is it an auto or manny and do they make a 2.4 type S in the 8 th gen ;)

Get some photos up Bob is it an auto or manny and do they make a 2.4 type S in the 8 th gen ;)
I'll have to take some decent photos first, been too busy driving it till now! Manual of course. I don't know what you mean, it has a type S red badge in the back and the engine is 2.4, whatever it is, I enjoy driving it!

Are you sure it's not a fake badge as in the 8th gen there us not a type s petrol.
What year is it bud as this is very intresting

Are you sure it's not a fake badge as in the 8th gen there us not a type s petrol.
What year is it bud as this is very intresting
It's a 2011 model, sorry for the confusion, here on the continent things are a bit different, honda switzerland sells a type S with 2.4i engine:
http://www.honda.ch/auto/fr/fr-fr/index.cfm?page=/auto/home/automobiles/gamme/accordlimousine/detail_accordlimousine/prix
What can I say, You're missing out on a great car!

Fair shout fella get some photos up mate be good to see a type s 8th gen