What's new

How many speakers does my car have

Accordlc54

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Hi i got a 2005 honda accord sports i wanna know how many speakers it has and is there any sub

varies depending on your system, mines the exec and has 8 speakers in total. Two are tweeters and mine has factory amp. Some of the accords have the cover and no speaker within them. Maybe have a listen on each speaker to see if they are producing anything before taking any panels off

I have an Accord Type S 2.4 2005, and it doesn't have any rear door speakers. Just tweeters, front door speakers and rear parcel shelf 6x9's. My stereo is just the basic standard one, which I don't mind as they are usually easier to upgrade.

Exec Tourer with "Premium" sound system: 4 Woofers (one in each door), 2 Tweeters (in top of dash), 1 sub (in boot wall). Best stock sound system I've heard in a car that isn't a top end Jag or whatever. Shakes the car nicely, never distorted it and drive it pretty hard. Now the car's getting older, it's rattling door panels a bit which probably want some firming up, but the system itself is awesome. Have no desire to change it.

I think if you factor in road and general car noise, it's pointless to go too overboard on car sound systems for general use. There will always be noise pollution from the car and road and in fact more attention should be paid to insulation over sound system. With that in mind, I honestly don't think I'd ever want more from a car stereo, and I'm a sound engineer.

But then those who enthusiastically fit amazing stereos in their cars, to show standard. I got time for that, that stuff cool. But it's a different take on car sound systems, more of an enthusiast/hobby approach. Like the sound equivalent old hellaflush lowering. Relatively impractical, but very, very cool. Haha!

I agree with Steve

I have the saloon 2006 premium sound system
8 speakers but no sub woofer. - steve your very lucky to have the sub :)

Even in the saloon it sounds very good.
Not as good as the bose or harmon kardon systems i have heard in some german marques but still very good for what it is.

I have read you can upgrade the accord speakers to the bose speakers from an Audi TT
clarity will be much improved
ALthough not sure on the amp as not sure if the bose speakers can run from the factory headunit amp

I think the sound system in the tourer is average but too much hassle to upgrade. That's because I'm Comparing it to the bose system in my old audi which was really excellent.

Sorry if it's slightly off topic but how much hassle is it if you want to change the factory headlight/climate on the tourer has anyone fitted a double din.

euroal said:
Sorry if it's slightly off topic but how much hassle is it if you want to change the factory headlight/climate on the tourer has anyone fitted a double din.
To much hassle for me to give up on the idea. Much easier to fit a headunit in the lower cubby. I have installed a sub using high level inputs though, sounds great.