What's new

how much should i be paying

rhinogolf

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th&8th gen tourers
I've seen a black ES IDTEC auto with 120k on looks in good Nick how much should I be looking at paying.
Been lookking for a EX or EX GT for ages now with no luck

Moved to 8th gen

Try popping the details in webuyanycar or similar Dave, for a trade price.

Depends on condition and service history, my gut feeling would be between £5k -£6k. ES is fairly low spec, GT is better.

I no mate I've got the EX tourer but to be honest have Sat nav turned off only use memory seat

Rich is the auto box nice and smooth on the Honda never driven one yet.
Before I got Hondas I had volvos which were really nice auto boxes
Have you had any issues with your auto box.

Different autobox in the diesel model to my petrol engine. Both are 5 speed with paddle shift and sport mode. No problems with mine, its smooth, and you can always use the paddles if you want to change gear, so best of both worlds. Mine 2008 with 75k miles, just due the fluid change, £75 at a Honda dealer.

Just check it does clank a lot when you put it into reverse or drive when cold, check the changes are smooth, the paddles respond etc. Also whip out the auto box dipstick and check the fluid is clean cherry colour and topped up.

Believe the auto hurts the economy on the diesel quite a lot unless you do a lot of motorway work, around town its pretty low.

Cheers going to be a taxi when I actually find one, I expect the MPG to go up, but will be so much easier around the city.

The auto would definitely be my choice I bought an IDtec mate. I've driven them and they are nice, smooth and easy to drive.

I may go autobox (Autobot) next time. My 8th gen EX 6 speed manual tourer is a little clunky compared to my silky smooth 7th but no complaints.

The gear shift is a tad notchy and the clutch is only a tiny bit stiff.

As I have both 7th and 8th gen, I can make weekly comparisons.

Don't get me wrong the 8th gen is a wonderful and amazing car, it's just that my 7th is very good too.

I think the ***embly line workers at Saitama were all having a really good day when they put together my 7th gen Accord.

It would be interesting to see what more 8th gen auto owners think about them but they're a bit like sunny days in Yorkshire, too few of them.

Well as you no I have both and the 8th gen is a much superior vehicle to the 7th gen.