What's new

how to replace the fog light

There should be a screw on the facia to get the grill off

Hi,

Same issue... I have a petrol 2003 and I want to replace the fog light unit because the lens is broken.
I couldn't find anything over the internet. Diy or youtube how to replace them.

any tips or advice its much appreciated

I had to replace the FNS fog light on my pre-facelift CDTi last year due to a cracked lense. Honda wanted £155 for the unit alone which was way too steep. It took a while online to source various breakers who I phoned to make sure I got the correct part - make sure to specify that it's the round lense for the Mk7 pre-facelift CDTi and not the oval lense.

First spare part that arrived exploded in my hand as I tried to loosen the bolts. So another £35 later and the next replacement part was fitted. I needed to get a mate to drill out the screw holding the plastic front plate in place as the screw was rusted solid. The plug at the back of the unit is straight forward to undo and re fasten.

All fixed and looking as it should.

Good luck finding a replacement part. It took me a week or so but make sure you contact the breaker to ensure its the round lense (the amount who tried to tell me it was the oval lense I was looking for was unbelievable!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Right-Front-Fog-Light-Honda-Accord-2003-to-2008-Genuine-/301488979013?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463224bc45

Please see its driver side fog light.

I did mine 2 weeks ago, and trust me it was a nightmare. However i found a trick.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11Pc-Power-Bit-Set-Including-Flexible-Extension-Bar-Philips-Pozi-Quality-CT1797-/251864808193?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa44ffb01

Buy this and use power drill to go behind the foglight to open those nasty screws x3. Please use lot of lactate freeze to free those screws.

You will get this done in no time. Took me couple of hours to do both. Let me know how it goes, i am afraid didn't take photos, as i was under tight schedule.

Cheers

The second link with that tool is good because to change The fog lamp you need a long screw driver + slim hands because the hand goes through the bottom grill from the bumper.

I replaced the bulb in my pre-facelift accord last Sunday. I did it at the same time as removing the headlamps so I could silicon seal all the way around because they had a lot of condensation after washing the car. Bearing in mind that the bumper is only held on by plastic clips and a couple of screws, I wouldn't bother fannying around trying to remove the fog light from the rear, in situ. I struggled a bit to remove the tiny screws securing the back metal cover of the lamp ***embly but the bracket itself was easy to remove from the plastic bumper. I too had to drill out the black screw securing then black plastic lamp trim through the bumper. to the lamp bracket. it does seem a bit weird to design these thinks so that you have to completely disassemble to change the bulb. I had to laugh when I looked in the owners manual and saw half a paragraph and a single diagram supposedly illustrating bulb replacement. perhaps Edward Scissorhands did it for them.

Steve

I thought a couple of photos would be useful.

the first shows the ***embly removed from the front bumper with plastic trim still attached. The screw thread at bottom right is the one I had to drill out.

The second shows

Thought a photo would help

Shows rear of ***embly removed from bumper. Screw at the bottom right is the one I had to drill out. If you're worried about drilling it then it can be cut using a hacksaw between the two plastic bits.

Steve

Sorry for the double posting. switching between photo bucket app and the forum caused me a couple of problems. If someone wants to delete the first post then fine with me.

I need to change both fog lights but my car is facelift, 2007 and shape is oval. Finally I didn't understand if is possible to change the lights without removing the bumper?