What's new

How to.......?

Simon2354

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
So I've left some large patches of bird ######## on the roof of my car too long (should have cleaned it off immediately - that'll teach me) :ph34r: . Cleaned the car today and the blasted stuff has left a rather unpleasant couple of marks on the paintwork. I've had a good go at it with AUTOGLYM tar remover and even given the roof the clay bar treatment. The blemishes are still visible which is annoying now. It looks like the top coat lacquer has been damaged. Any suggestions please?

Cheers Simon

So I've left some large patches of bird ######## on the roof of my car too long (should have cleaned it off immediately - that'll teach me) :ph34r: . Cleaned the car today and the blasted stuff has left a rather unpleasant couple of marks on the paintwork. I've had a good go at it with AUTOGLYM tar remover and even given the roof the clay bar treatment. The blemishes are still visible which is annoying now. It looks like the top coat lacquer has been damaged. Any suggestions please?

Cheers Simon

Just wondered why tar remover? What was the offending bird eating :lol:

Ok clay will remove contaminants but the clear coat will be damaged....you'll need to polish it out with a da and compound...but be careful I've a patch on mine where if you look really close you can see the damage to the clear and tbh you'd polish through the clear before you could remove it

Hi Simon,

Where are you in Glos, I work in Chelt.

What colour is your Accord. If its metallic, its the clearcoat that is damaged. Just needs a light compounding to correct it. Then get a good sealant on to protect from further bird poo, like Meguiars NXT.

Let me know

Rich