What's new

HUK Customer Service Issue

Snaeem155

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CDTI
I picked up my 2004 CDTI in 2010 from CarGiant with 80k on the clock and it absolutely ran like a dream and I fell in love with the car.

Lets fast forward to now and I have been through 2 clutch kits, 2 DMF's, both rear calipers have been replace due to being stuck and now I have the timing chain rattle.

I am out of the extended warranty period as the car is on 161k and is 8 years old now.

I phoned up my local dealers who quoted me £850-£1000 for the job, which I suppose in the grand scheme of things isn't so bad. However they said the injectors may be stuck andneed to removed and if they break thats £380 a pop. So an overall quoted of £2500+.

Unhappy with this I phoned HUK to show my displeasure and the situation and essentially I got told the following things despite mentioning there is a known fault with the 04/05 models:

- Goodwill is only for those loyal to Honda i.e servicing through dealers (first quote I ever got was £200 for an oil change- no thanks) it has been regularly serviced and recorded by myself
- Only a few cars had the issue, it isn't a widespread problem
- I am out of the warranty period

So essentially they said they cannot do anything for me. I made it clear I don't want it done for free, I will pay the timing chain replacement costs but the injectors etc make it uneconomical.

I was told to ring back Monday to speak to one of their department heads, feel pretty hopeless at the moment regarding the situation.

Anyone got any advice ?

Lol !

I do a lot of miles as my job involves a lot of travelling along the lovely motorways of the UK.

I'm afraid I would have to agree with their summary. It's an 8 year old car on 161k miles, I think you've done quite well. The original injectors are probably only good for anotehr 30k miles anyway so I don't see why Honda would foot the bill for them.

Sorry just my opinion on it.

The injectors can be removed safely if you ensure the mechanic soaks them overnight in penetrating fluid. A top tip from one of our forum honda techies is to soak them in lots of brake fluid overnight. They will come out.

or use a company that can come to you and get them out with a hydraulic puller thingy majig.

chain issue is a real headache but Honda won't entertain any claims outside of warranty, most manufacturer's wouldn't even cover it to begin with tbh

I picked up my 2004 CDTI in 2010 from CarGiant with 80k on the clock and it absolutely ran like a dream and I fell in love with the car.

Lets fast forward to now and I have been through 2 clutch kits, 2 DMF's, both rear calipers have been replace due to being stuck and now I have the timing chain rattle.

I am out of the extended warranty period as the car is on 161k and is 8 years old now.

I phoned up my local dealers who quoted me £850-£1000 for the job, which I suppose in the grand scheme of things isn't so bad. However they said the injectors may be stuck andneed to removed and if they break thats £380 a pop. So an overall quoted of £2500+.

Unhappy with this I phoned HUK to show my displeasure and the situation and essentially I got told the following things despite mentioning there is a known fault with the 04/05 models:

- Goodwill is only for those loyal to Honda i.e servicing through dealers (first quote I ever got was £200 for an oil change- no thanks) it has been regularly serviced and recorded by myself
- Only a few cars had the issue, it isn't a widespread problem
- I am out of the warranty period

So essentially they said they cannot do anything for me. I made it clear I don't want it done for free, I will pay the timing chain replacement costs but the injectors etc make it uneconomical.

I was told to ring back Monday to speak to one of their department heads, feel pretty hopeless at the moment regarding the situation.

Anyone got any advice ?

Maybe a long shot, but maybe worth having a chat with Chris an independent Honda Tech on the forum, I know he's some distance away from you as he's Oldham, Manchester way, but maybe he can give you a better quote or idea and alternatively he is currently breaking a 05 diesel which he had overhauled the engine on so he may have a couple of options going such as transferring engines etc, worth asking, as it will be lower mileage and probably not a bad idea considering the mileage you do.

here's the thread on the rebuild and here is the breaking thread