What's new

Humming/Buzzing when accelerating

shanebrou

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi

I have an 8th generation Honda Accord Tourer 2.2ltr diesel.

When accelerating there is a humming/buzzing noise from the front end. When I release the accelerator the noise stops. Any ideas anyone?

Also, if at low revs in a higher gear, there are vibrations when accelerating. Is this just a case of that I should be dropping a gear or could this be a problem??

Any help would be appreciated!!

Many thanks

Hi Shane and welcome,

Sounds like fairly normal diesel noises to me. Maybe get the Honda dealer to have a look?

Welcome to the forum. As it's still a relatively new motor, I'd of what Rich suggests. Get it to a Honda garage and see what they think.

What sort of vibrations? You mean through the steering wheel and transmission or just trim rattle?

Thanks for comments so far. Re the vibrations, it seems to be the whole car 'juddering'. Not a case of misfiring or anything like that. Sorry I can't be more precise. I am not overly mechanically minded!!

Warped drive shaft(s)?

Due to an issue with the DPF the vehicle is going to the local honda dealer on Friday, albeit via the garage I purchased it from as it is still under warranty. I will ask them to check out these other issues at the same time and will let you all know the outcome. Cheers again.

What's the issue with the dpf? The vibration is possibly related as it could have thrown the car into limp mode..

could also be a warped DMF

I have the same thing on my petrol cl7. Buzzing noise while acceleration or driving constant, disappears of you release the throttle :(

The DPF light (with the exclamation mark which states in handbook that it needs attention rather than clearing itself) came on and the car went into limp mode 2 weeks ago. the garage I bought it from 'cleared' it. Only 2 days after having back the same problem occurred. The garage is now taking it to the local Honda dealer on Friday to diagnose. The other problems I mentioned also happen when car is running normal as well as running in limp mode.

Hard to say like this without understanding more about the noises and symptoms.

This is the reason we remove dpf's on these so frequently, they are all too common for failure and normally create more problems if ignored. Have a look at our Facebook pages to see and you'll also see an example of a blocked turbo due to DPF failure.