What's new

I-DTEC Diesel fuel filter

A

Attaboy

Is the 8th gen. diesel fuel filter as difficult to get at as the 7th gen. or is the design more user-friendly for the home mechanic?

Is the 8th gen. diesel fuel filter as difficult to get at as the 7th gen. or is the design more user-friendly for the home mechanic?
I'm pretty sure Cliff the 8th gen is a lot easier.Im sure there was a post about this possibly from CJ.
Buy the way Cliff it says oil filter on your heading not fuel filter :(

Cheers, thanks lads. So is it a big drama to get the strut brace and fusebox off?

Thread ***le amended

Hmmm....just between you me and the gatepost CJ....I don't want to have to worry about this light coming on, or that gizzmo cracking and gassing me, or blowing up and disintegrating inside my engine, or having to twiddle my thumbs before I switch off, or making sure I only refuel with pure liquid nectar on every third wednesday of the month or my engine will get grumpy...I just want the b***er to work!!!!

[JOKE lads....just two dinosaurs moaning, so please don't take it even slightly seriously].

This may come as a surprise to a lot Diesel owners , all these small hurdles in car maintenance can ruin the ownership experience.

Spot on. Most people would not worry two hoots about it, but with me being somewhat eccentric, this fuel filter business could be a deal breaker for me.

{Just kidding diesel owners :eek: ]

main thing you need is the filter cup tool. you WONT undo it without one!. and there is no real need in removing the strut brace, just move the fuse box out of the way and you can get at it easy enough. a lot easyer than previous accords thats for sure!

havnt realy been online much CJ...............no more training as yet but ime booked for my diagnosics technition ***essment in march. half the workshop is on its knees at the moment wit this stomach bug thats goin round. i had it ova the weekend and have never fealt so ill in my entire life!!!!!!!!

lol.........god knows. just glad ime rid of it! was a fun morning for aidrian anyways. he was throwing up in the bin before he went home early today. he was determined to come in and finnish the head he stripped monday but the hh desease beat him.........

lol.........god knows. just glad ime rid of it! was a fun morning for aidrian anyways. he was throwing up in the bin before he went home early today. he was determined to come in and finnish the head he stripped monday but the hh desease beat him.........

Oh no, you guys didn't go back for a curry at back passage to India did you?

main thing you need is the filter cup tool. you WONT undo it without one!. and there is no real need in removing the strut brace, just move the fuse box out of the way and you can get at it easy enough. a lot easyer than previous accords thats for sure!
Hi Folks - I'm new with the Accord - Just treated myself to a new one after 3 Civics!
There seems to be a lot of concern over the Fuel filter - looking at mine it doesn't have a priming bulb and the design looks as if the pipe onto the top could be removed and the top then unscrewed to expose the element. If I do that - can anybody tell me if I will have a problem with air in the system? I have read about a reverse bike pump being needed to bleed the system??? And where can the filter cup tool be sourced? ( I ***ume it undoes the top cap)
Just to add to thet lot - is it possible to just open the drain **** to release any water? Any advice welcome before I have a go sometime ( not too soon !)

Cheers, Cupcake

Just about to undertake a fuel filter change shortly (say a prayer and take a deep breath :eek: ). Just a few questions;

1. Is there a self bleed mechanism on the iDTEC as oppose to the primer on the CDTI?

2. Anyone know where I can source that Honda Tool for the removal of the head of the filter strainer? And without this tool is the whole preocedure a non starter?

Has anyone out there done this before on the iDTEC, any comments are welcome...

Thanks in advance..

Watched my mechanic change the fuel filter on my idtec. Once fitted he switched the ignition on& off 5 or 6 times then started it no problems.