What's new

Icdti limp home mode no warning lights

Honda Dave

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti tourer
Hi there,
The cars been running perfectly until now, just took a short trip to the dump, upon leaving the car went into limp home mode, no lights on the dash, it's recently had a service using genuine Honda parts, correct oil, manifold replaced and a stage 1 egr off remap, the only thing I have not changed yet is the fuel filter could it be this?
My OBD2 reader has decided it doesn't want to work so I have no codes.
I have always run the car on Shell V Power, any advice would be appreciated
Many thanks
Dave

Hi Dave, were there any flashing glow plug lights?

Hi Fahad, no lights at all, had the AA check for fault codes and tested all engine sensor, they could not see any, took it back out for a long drive and it drove perfectly, so a bit stumped, will see how it behaves in the next few days, will get a new honda fuel filter fitted anyway but not sure if it was the cause here

Had that happen to me, went into limp, stopped switched off, three minutes then back on went as good as gold after, changed the fuel filter though to be on the safe side. Make sure it is a bosch unit you fit.

Yes will definitely use a genuine fuel filter, might even get Honda to fit it, pretty cheap under Honda Happiness, being the Facelift the filter is more difficultto change hopefully it will be OK for a week or so before I can get it done

Hard to say like this Dave, without any codes it’s just guesswork. I would agree if the fuel filter hasn’t been done then do that first.

Cars been running fine so far, but have booked it into Honda to replace the fuel filter, I have to wait until the 19th so fingers crossed the car behaves until then and once changed the problem doesn't return