What's new

Ingalls 35623 camber kit

hale-pope

Members
Reaction score
Car
10 i-dtec tourer ex
After much delay I'm finally investing in an Ingalls adjustable rear camber toe kit 35623 from the States but before I parted with my cash I wondered if there was now anything better out there or are these items still good. They have come down quite a bit in money in the last year. Thanks in advance.

I'm running this kit on mine and is very good indeed.
It's a pain to fit the ball joint as you will need a press to get the old ones out.
But since iv had this kit I have no more inside rear tyre wear.

Thanks Brett. It was you that put me on to them in the first place! Found them for $320 delivered so pretty good. Had some weight in the boot the other day and the splay was quite pronounced!

Thought i would update this topic now they are fitted.

They took about 4.5 hours to fit, not helped at all by the fact the existing bolts/fixings had corroded so a lot of time was taken trying to dislodge those. It then took about 2 hours to set the car up. Every time they got the front tracking correctly it knocked the camber out, and vice versa, but in the end they cracked it. So, my total bill for purchase, delivery and fitting was £454.80 ..... and all for something that should have been on the car in the first place. However, it will now not have splayed rear wheels, the rear boots will wear evenly and on sharp braking the rear left won't try and overtake the car! Oh, and another bill to add is the Customs charge of £45 that was waiting for me when i returned from the garage. So, a round £500 in all. Early weekend pint required!

There well worth it as I haven't had any inside wear at all.
Also tyres has been on for almost 12 months and still 7mm on both tyres on all sides.

Reviving this zombie,
I have just seen that my rear tyres are down to the cord on about 30mm from the inside edge.
The rest of the tread is getting pretty low but still legal, I have ordered an Ingalls kit which has fortunately come down a lot to around 80usd.
Regarding fitting time, I have access to a hydraulic press so hopefully the fitment won't be hugely problematic apart from the usual seized bolts.
Can I ask how these are holding up if anyone is still using theirs?
Any wear on the balljoint or arm that I should keep an eye on?
thanks

Great to know, thanks very much for replying.
Looking forward to new tyres and some suspension work now!
New front LCA and rear camber kit should sort a lot of the problems that develop with age, my ATS tourer is a 13 model but has 80k miles on it now so time for a refresh.

Do you have a link to the kit? I’ve just replaced all 4 tyres after barely 22k miles and my rears were badly worn on the inside edge.

If you want rear camber adjustment its either the Ingalls arm and adjustable balljoint or the SPC arm kit which is very expensive and maybe NLA.

Could be on higher mileage cars if the back springs are worn out then chassis is sagging lower which will cause negative camber wearing inside edge. I just had 4 wheel alignment done at Honda after clutch and flywheel change and had negative camber both rears.

It can only be out if arms are bent as everyone knows no adjustment possible on camber. So 3 options
1 replace arms with new oe
2 source adjustable kit
3 replace rear springs and hope it throws camber back into spec