What's new

Injector cleaner and fuel filter on 2.4 petrol

Pale

Reaction score
Car
2.4 '08 Type S (CL9)
I haven't found any conclusive evidence surrounding the fuel filter on 2.4 K24A3 units (mine in particular is in a CL9 2008 TypeS accord). On a few websites and in the HTML manual I've seen a part of the fuel pump a$$embly labeled 'fuel filter', but it doesn't really seem like a serviceable part, and my mechanic said the same - that with these a$$emblies, the filter regularly outlasts the pump and the most important part is actually the fuel sock which filters the rough particles.

In Croatia the fuel quality is pretty good, as is the rest of Europe I believe, so I'm reasoning the fuel filter might actually not need replacing. The car is at 145k km, which is around 90k miles, with the factory fuel filter (whatever it actually is).

Now, to get on with my question, do you feel it's a good idea to use one of the petrol injector cleaners in this fuel system? I've read about those cleaners sometimes dissolving crud caught in the filter and carrying it to the injectors which actually causes more damage than good.

The fuel filter is part of the in tank fuel pump ***embly and should be changed.

Ah, that explains it, thanks for your answer man!