What's new

Injector leak

kpanchev

Members
Reaction score
Car
Acord 2.4 iVTEC EX
Hi everybody, I just had the misfortune of one of my injectors leaking. I had it looked by my local mechanic, it was a little bit loose and after tightening it stopped leaking. Obviously, the advice was not to drive it and get it to Honda straight away for a replacement of the injector or the seals at least. My question to the technically knowledgeable is what kind of damage it may cause to the engine if I drive it to the Honda garage? Obviously, I'll insist for a replacement, as it should be a warranty job, they replaced the injectors back in February when they did my timing chain. Any ideas guys?

I don't think it will cause any damage just driving to the garage, but it will start to cause soot built up on the rocker cover after a while and the smell can't be good for you.

They should have replaced the injectors, but this is the problem with most Honda dealerships... the big jobs are just beyong their mediocre competence. I think maybe they haven't cleaned the injector seats before fitting the new injectors and not letting them seat properly..

They have replaced the injectors, and, to do them justice, they did say to keep an eye on them as they had problems with one of them. I don't know what they meant by problems, but they did warn me and I did check the injectors after 1k miles as they recommended, no problems at the time, but obviously it needed a while to show up...

Take it back to the dealer and hopefully they will fix it for free based on the fact that they installed them, thats my advice. Either way get it fixed mate, not good that if you ask me.

Yay, my baby is back! They replaced injectors 1 and 2 and re-cut the seatings, as they were a tiny bit off the norm, and all FOC! I'm liking Yeomans Honda in Guildford!

glad to hear its all sorted. ive had a bit of experiance with these injectors and good old bosch didnt think there design through very well. the injectors somtimes seize in the head and it can be a pain in the backside to get them to seal propperly after re-fit. the problem is how far away the fixing point is from the injector, you have to tap the injector down first to seat it over the washer before tightening. try and rush or cut corners and they inevitably leak soon after re-fit.