Injector Leak?

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi Guys

Friday 13th isn't it!!!

Drove off in the car this morning and heard a slight ticking noise from engine. When I got back home, took the engine cover off and noticed the noise was in fact coming from the base of one of the injectors. You can actually feel it blowing slightly and a smudging of diesel at the base. No idea why it should have gone.

Before I start taking it apart, the car seems fine so the injector is still working. Is there a gasket or something that could have started blowing or what. Can I just replace a gasket?

If I have to take it out, what are the chances of me actually getting it out cleanly without breaking. Do they just unscrew or what.

Are Injectors for this car really over a hundred quid each.

Any ideas as to why the injector should have started blowing, It has not been knocked at all.

I can't do the job for a couple of days so do you think that it will be ok and not upset the operation of the rest or what.

If I do have to take the Injector out, I have read somewhere about re-programming it. Is this true or can I just put it straight back in as it will be the same Injector.

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Regards

Hi brodziu

Thanks for your reply.

Lets hope it is easy to remove then.

Any thought on my question about re-programming??

Regards

I don't think so that you need to re-programming as long as you'll be still using same injectors.

Programming is needed only when replacing injectors. Just make sure you put every injector back to it's original place.

As above

And be careful to clean the seat of the injector housing for a nice flush and clean seat

Also careful not to cross the thread as this is an alloy block and tapping a new thread is near impossible

Hi again

Thanks for your help so far.

Do you guys know what make the injectors are as I need to buy a removal tool for this. And what removal tool did you use.

I have seen several kits available but don't want to get the wrong one.

As you know from above I have a blowing injector and I went over to my local Honda dealer and they advised that it was because of the small copper injector washer which they sold me for an arm and a leg. it is situated at the base of the injector according to schematic diagrams and they say that is the only thing that seals the injector. Is this true or what.

I did post this earlier on the DIY section just to hedge my bets on a reply so please ignore that one.

Regards

Point taken TypeR - won't happen again

Do you or anyone else know what Injectors are fitted to the Diesel engine 2003>2006. They look like Bosch but without getting them out I can't be sure.

Regards

Any bosch injector from a honda Ictdi will be fine, any year. They just need coding

Thanks F6HAD

I take it that I do not have to re-code if I re-fit the injector that came out even though it has been blowing.

Regards