What's new

Injector problem after getting new engine fitted

cobanstine

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 53
Hey Guys,

Recently I bought an accord and it ended up requiring a new engine due to a knocking sound and big end failure and some other damage. DS Auto repairs in Shipley dealt with all this and fitted the new/used engine I sourced from M&MAuto in Halifax. I requested for the injectors to be intact to the engine as the garage didn't want to take responsibility for them as it’s a tricky job removing them. When I got the engine the garage said injector 1 and 4 had issues so MandM autos eventually took the engine back after countless calls to them and fixed it at their yard.

Now the problem is injector 3 is leaking after I reported some smells in cabin and DS autos had a look we tried new sealing and new injector but still persists. It could be the cylinder head(I think that’s what he said) but they not sure hard to trace the problem at the moment, he also mentioned it starts happening after around 5 minutes when the engine gets warm something may be expanding. They also mentioned it looks like they placed the injectors in them self’s rather than them being intact because it had their numbering or marking on it.

I still have my old engine that they want back but not sure what to do

Really frustrated with this and stressed now, you guys have any ideas?

Ive dealt with these jokers in the past best thing to do is take the car up there and they should sort it out from there garage before you give your engine to them

Never heard a good thing about them either and also tried dealing with them myself once and never again.

It's possible they've damaged the alloy cylinder head by forcing or or mis-threading the injectors back in. Whoever does your injectors needs to ensure they are using new crush washers from Honda for a tight seal but it's possible it's too late for that now.

If the injectors need recalibrating, I can do that as part of the diags service I offer but this sounds like a proper injector leak..

Yeh i don't have much trust in them if my mechanics can't seem to figure it out yet, i don't want them to cause any more damage.

Never heard a good thing about them either and also tried dealing with them myself once and never again.

It's possible they've damaged the alloy cylinder head by forcing or or mis-threading the injectors back in. Whoever does your injectors needs to ensure they are using new crush washers from Honda for a tight seal but it's possible it's too late for that now.

If the injectors need recalibrating, I can do that as part of the diags service I offer but this sounds like a proper injector leak..

Fahad if it's the alloy cylinder head whats the solution?

You might be able to get to someone to tap a new thread, but it's very difficult on a soft alloy head... new head is the only solution for 100% perfect fix I'm afraid. Speak to your mechanics and see what they suggest.

Ive dealt with these jokers in the past best thing to do is take the car up there and they should sort it out from there garage before you give your engine to them

Irfan did they sort it out for you in the end? and what was your problem that you had.

You might be able to get to someone to tap a new thread, but it's very difficult on a soft alloy head... new head is the only solution for 100% perfect fix I'm afraid. Speak to your mechanics and see what they suggest.

It look like i will have to take it up with M&M, I phoned them they said bring it in and we will sort it out. Just worried that they might just make a bigger mess.

I previously had a stripped spark plug hole repaired with a helicoil insert... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicoil

Not sure if anyone does this for a diesel injector thread repair, but may be worth doing an internet search?

Hi satnam they messed me about on a complete airbag kit (wrong seat belts) and i ordered bonnet which was damaged plus a drivers side fog light they sent me the passenger side i gave up in the end just typical customer service dealing with some asians lol but try and talk to jav he is the manager as his sons are just clueless

Just take it back to them and ask them what they will do to resolve this?

Ive used them before searching for items and they told me they had the items in, made the long journey over only to find that it wasn't what I wanted and not even in the right colour. Complete waste of journey.For that reason I won't be using them again. I think they try and bring the customer in the hope that they'll buy it because they've made the journey. Wasn't impressed and will never deal with them again.

Don't get me wrong, its a big place with loads of parts but customer services is not up to scratch.

Hey Guys thanks for all your responses, hopefully i won't have to go back to them.

DS auto in Shipley did a good job and finally managed to get the injector sealed and didn't even charge me extra for the the time it took.

Good result, let's hope it stays in place. Keep an eye on it, just clean up the area around each injector and periodically check for any new black sooty marks near each injector suggesting leaks.