What's new

interior light

rhinogolf

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th&8th gen tourers
Hope someone can help with this on the 8th gen the rear interior switch is above the back off the rear back seats, so the driver cant reach it on the 7th gen the driver could reach as the switch was in the middle of the car.
As most members no im a taxi driver so when it gets dark i have to open the door which switches the interior lights on so my passengers can see to pay me, is their anyway i can turn on the rear interior lights by pressing the front ones.
Hope you can make sense of this

Yours must be an EX model Dave, as my ES GT doesn't even have a rear courtesy light, just one in the middle and the 2 map lights above the mirror.

Yes it's an Ex 2map lights and the rear passenger I can't reach their must be away I can turn on from the front

Might require a bit of wiring, but you could amend the circuit so that the rear courtesy lights are simply switched on/off with the front map lights. Like I said, electronically, it's a very straight forward procedure. However, finding the right cables, accessing them, dealing with car trim removal etc, etc, etc... that's the awkward bit. Alternatively, if you have a spare button slot on the instrument panel somewhere. You could fit some kind of a switch that's wired to the rear courtesy lights perhaps?

If you can get a better idea of how they're wired that's a good place to start.

You might be able to fish the cables through the ceiling lining with a bit of wire.

On the subject of rear interior light, could someone tell me exactly how to remove the cover thus providing access to the bulb.
I have a morbid fear of breaking trim clips etc.
Cheers.