What's new

Iridium Spark Plugs

Hutty89

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Exec
Being a fair new Accord owner (03 2.4 Exec), i thought it best i service the motor.

Went and got all the usual i.e. oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter, plugs....

I nearly fell over when i was told that spark plugs would be £70+. I had a focus last time round and a full set was £12. I have been told that this is because they are iridium?? Never heard of this before, can someone tell me more about the difference between normal plugs and iridium?

Also, if anyone know anywhere where i can source these at a more reasonable price, would be much appreciated.

On a side note, i have a whining reverse gear. Is it worth changing the transmission fluid? all other gears are fine, if so, which fluid would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance

Additionally, when should iridium spark plugs be replaced/how long do they last for? car is on 68k.

I know iridium spark plugs last few times more then regular ones, probably about 60K, platinium ones are about 50k but better ask unkle Google.
I've got same reverse gear noise on my 07 2.0 Exe and will wait somebody's opinion.

On my 8th gen normal plugs last 35k and iridium last 70k.
Give HH a call for s price with free delivery

HH should be reasonable, otherwise put ngk izfr6k11 or denso skj20dr-m11 into Google and you'll see quite a wide variation in price

You can also find the dimensions of them.

Note that in the image below it says that you should not adjust the gaps on Iridium plugs. Have you taken them out and checked them ?

click to enlarge

0011.jpg

I have been using normal copper plugs for 5k miles and she runs fine on them ... so far :)