What's new

Is my clutch on its way out

GAZB

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD CTDI
Ive noticed that the clutch on my 2007 Accord Cdti has started to bite as soon as you release the clutch pedal , also on tickover if you press the clutch pedal slightly I can feel vibration through the clutch pedal and also hear a slight banging noise but if you press the clutch pedal in all the way the noise and vibration goes away ?

have you got any clutch slip if not it sounds like the release bearing.
to do this you might as well have a new clutch kit as well

Your biting point shouldn't really change like that due to the self adjusting pressure plate mechanism.. The banging noise might be a failing DMF and the sudden biting point could be failing seals in your clutch master cylinder. Hard to diagnose like this to be honest.

A few times today the clutch pedal dropped to the floor and I had to pump the pedal a few times to make the pedal come back up ?

If the clutch fluid reservoir is full then its a knackered master cylinder.

Gaz that's strange iv nether heard this before.This sounds more like your master or slave cylinder.Have you checked your fluid levels.As you might also have a leak .
Fahad you just beat me to it :lol:

Ill have a look when my wife gets back from shopping , I hope it is the master cylinder it will be alot cheaper than replacing the clutch and flywheel

The clutch fluid was just above the minimum mark so ive topped it up to the max mark and ill keep a check on it

Hopefully that's all it was, but it begs the question as to where the fluid is going as its supposed to be a totally sealed system.