What's new

Is there a permanent fix for the squeaky clutch?

davbar1986

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2 sport gt
Hi,

Before anyone starts I tried the search bar but it's useless. ;)

My 2007 accord has the common squeaky clutch pedal. I've tried lubing it but that doesn't last much longer than 2-3 weeks. I seriously haven't got the time to keep injecting grease every two weeks and my local dealer now wants to charge me!

Is there a permanent fix for this such as changing the pedal box (or whatever part it is)?

I love my car but the squeeking is doing my head in and this is making me thinking of selling it (sounds stupid but it's that annoying to me).

Any help appreciated

Ta

New master cylinder, but after a while it'll squeak again.

How are you lubing yours and what with? Mine squeaked when I bought it but I lube it once a year with silicone grease squirted in from a syringe and it stays quiet.

Mine did squeak too, bought some red multipurpose grease and no more noise from pedal. The same I did with back doors, no more squeaks.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

Mine does this too but i can't understand how can u squirt the grease in the master cylinder because when i had a look i was not able to do this from any way...the only way i found was that to press the pedal and then put some grease in trough the opening of the pedal shaft which goen into the cylinder...can u guys which have done that job put a pic with indicates the point trough which you put the grease please?

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

Jan Accord said:
Mine does this too but i can't understand how can u squirt the grease in the master cylinder because when i had a look i was not able to do this from any way...the only way i found was that to press the pedal and then put some grease in trough the opening of the pedal shaft which goen into the cylinder...can u guys which have done that job put a pic with indicates the point trough which you put the grease please?

There is no way you can put grease in to a cylinder, all you need is to grease the arm that's pushing into that cylinder.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

I will try and see if goes better or not...thanks

I lubed mine with motorbike chain lubricant. Came in an aerosol with a long thin straw. Details are in one of the other posts on here about the clutch pedal, I'll see if I can find it.

Press the clutch pedal fully down and a small hole becomes visible. Shove the straw in the hole and give it a good spray. Pump the pedal half a dozen times and repeat. It would go 3-4 months before needing doing again.

Hi,

Did mine with multi purpose grease. Got a syringe, took off the needle and sucked up the grease (takes ages to load!).

After that I got a small plastic hose, stuck it on the end of the syringe and pressed the clutch pedal in halfway by hand. I then stuck the other end of the tube inside the piston hole and squirted a generous amount of grease in there. Worked the pedal a bit, then repeated the process untill there was no more squeak :)

All the best.

- Grant