What's new

Jon G and Hondacon

Simonmcroy81

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 i-cdti tourer
So tomorrow i meet a fellow accord owner for the first time in the form of Jon G. He is very kindly coming round to help get my fuel filter sorted out. Just waiting on holdcroft to deliver it today (fingers crossed it will turn up). Hope he behaves himself.......................pics to follow!

Well it can't possibly go any worse than last time I tried... but fortunately we were able to claim off the insurance after the Fire Service dealt with the blaze.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its what you plan to do with the fuel filter that makes the mind boggle ;)

If the mantra "what goes on in the forum, stays in the forum" should ever be adopted, now is quite possibly the best time to adhere to it :unsure:

LOL i hope you two use protection ;)

well this thread changed topic quite quickly :lol:

I just meant 'latex' gloves. Diesel is not good for the skin ;)

Hiya guys, i'm still here and my car is one piece (just) lol. Wasn't able to get on the site last night for some reason (403 error), but here now.

Was a really productive day and Jon was bl00dy brilliant. Really helped having someone there who had done the fuel filter before and as such, we managed to get the whole job done in under an hour. Gave me some really good tips and advise which i'll really take on board. We also did a fault read on the car which came up with several issues but they have all been deleted now in the hope that they were old ones and if there is a particular fault with the car, the specific code will return. However, after a good few 'boot it' runs last night, it would appear that Hondacon is almost back to full health (brake issue aside). Was nice to have the confidence to overtake without the worry of the car cutting out.

Anyway, just want to thank Jon for all his hard work and was nice to go chill out for an hour over a pint in my local.

All the best, si :D

TA at it's best - BIG THUMBSUP!

I just stood there, pointed, passed spanners, drank coffee and ate cake... so no big deal! A good example of having the wrong filter previously fitted, I think. And odd to see one of the dirtiest cars on TA next to one of the cleanest.

It was really nice to meet you and Linda (who seems very interested in how to remove stickers from cars, strangely).

Are you going to post the old & new filters picture?

I just stood there, pointed, passed spanners, drank coffee and ate cake... so no big deal! A good example of having the wrong filter previously fitted, I think. And odd to see one of the dirtiest cars on TA next to one of the cleanest.

It was really nice to meet you and Linda (who seems very interested in how to remove stickers from cars, strangely).

Are you going to post the old & new filters picture?

here is the pic of the old filter (left) and the new bosch filter:

photo.jpg

clearly the wrong or inferior filter fitted on my car. Again, many thanks Jon for the help and i look forward to seeing you on the 13th!

Result! Glad to see Jon made it back in one piece!

That old filter definitely doesn't look right. When I swapped my after-market one for a genuine Honda they were at least the same size!

Far too many examples of wrong diesel filters being fitted to ICTDI... but do you think people will listen?

:rolleyes:

Good stuff guys and nobody was violated. Awesome :lol: ;)

Great stuff guys im glad it all went well :)