What's new

Just got the stage 1 EGR off remap by Fahad

sibby1990

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord i-CTDi Exec
Hello people!

I know it's been mentioned over and over on this... But no matter how many times it has.. I have to show appreciation.

Fahad just came down to do a Stage 1 remap on my Accord i-CDTi and my mates Civic i-CDTi... AND LOW AND BEHOLD! Our babies have turned into BEASTS! :D

Can't recommend Fahad enough... Brilliant guy... Brilliant service!

If you haven't got yours done yet... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! Results are immense... Feels like a complete new car!

Me and my mate can't show enough appreciation for his service and the results!

THANKS A MILLION FAHAD! :D

How much did it cost you? Any changes to exhaust fumes thick black smoke? I`ve heard this is what happens when you have the remap done.

How much did it cost you? Any changes to exhaust fumes thick black smoke? I`ve heard this is what happens when you have the remap done.
It cost £275 as he come to me in Birmingham. And to be completely honest... There is nothing of that sort happening. No black smoke whatsoever. At the moment anyway. And hopefully there won't be!

If you drive normally there is no smoke, but if you put your foot down (WOT) it smokes like a chimney.

That being said after around 8 months with the stage 1 egr off map im still perfectly happy with it and have no intention of changing it soon. (Also honda 325 clutch seems to be holding it so far)

I had a stage 2 on my accord. Yeah it smoked a bit but with the egr off, you have to expect it! It made the car what Honda should have made it and apart from their incompetence with clutches it was 100% worth doing

slight smoke expected guys as you have removed the EGR valve from the system. That being said its small price to pay for the fun factor you have.
It does completly transform the car though and yes it's what Honda should of done from factory IMO

Thanks for the comments and appreciation Sibby, nice to meet you lads :)

Bear in mind you also had a complete injector recoding as one of your injectors had been replaced and had not been coded to the car, so everything is now optimised.

Keep an eye on that IMRC as that didn't pass all its tests but as we've closed the EGR loop now, I expect the IMRC isn't doing much now anywa.

safe driving.

Thanks for the comments and appreciation Sibby, nice to meet you lads :)

Bear in mind you also had a complete injector recoding as one of your injectors had been replaced and had not been coded to the car, so everything is now optimised.

Keep an eye on that IMRC as that didn't pass all its tests but as we've closed the EGR loop now, I expect the IMRC isn't doing much now anywa.

safe driving.

Oh yeah! In all the excitement I completely forgot about that. Lol.

Another thing is, is there a difference between abs speeds sensor and abs brake sensor? I can't seem to find any :-(. If you come across any, I would appreciate it alot if you can let me know.

I was getting more black smoke on lift-off with the EGR on. A lot less on the stage 1 map. I'll probably go stage 2 as soon as I get a few niggles sorted on my car. Stage 1 isn't enough. :)

I was getting more black smoke on lift-off with the EGR on. A lot less on the stage 1 map. I'll probably go stage 2 as soon as I get a few niggles sorted on my car. Stage 1 isn't enough. :)

I'm thinking the same mate.. I'm gonna batter my clutch so I got an excuse to come to Leeds to get the CG motor sport paddle clutch and get my stage 2 remap at the same time :D... Sounds dumb... But at least I have a proper excuse then :p

ABS speed and brake sensor are the same thing bro.

Have a look here for an idea of what's involved.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/356-diy-abs-sensor-change/

If you can find one, then a USA Acura TSX is the same car as the UK Accord 7th gen and shares the same brake sensor. You might be able to get aftermarket sensors too now so shop around.

Remember to get the bulb for the VSA light replaced in your clocks as some cheeky git has obviously removed it to mask the sensor problem.

Oh wicked. Thanks a tonne bro! :D