What's new

K20A6 Intake

stu08

Members
Reaction score
Car
TBC
Hi all,

Having come from a line of modified cars; I can't help but play with the Accord I've just bought. I know it won't gain much in the way of power as the engine wasn't designed for outright power.

I'm looking at 3 induction kits at the moment.

1) Weapon R Secret Weapon
2) CT Engineering Icebox
3) K&N Typoon

Does anyone have experience of these? I'm most tempted by the Weapon R as it seems well designed despite being short ram. Although the Icebox seems to get great reviews and isn't hugely loud. I like the K&N but unsure of the filter placement or reviews stating low down torque suffers slightly.

Any input is appreciated.

Hope you have had a good Christmas.

Stu

Stu i have the same engine as yourself. If it helps I'm running the Injen CAI which i believe is not much different from the K&N typhoon IMO and I love it!. CT Engineering icebox has been used by some members on here. The weapon R will suffer from heat soak and performance lag like many other short ram intakes. I would suggest investing in a CAI. I hope that helps.

We've got the typhoon on our EuroR, which we originally had fitted to our K24. Absolutely fantastic piece of kit and made a decent gain on the dyno too

Any update on this? I've my accord a couple of weeks and really want to get a good induction kit, and have been looking at a few different ones. Am I right in saying a Euro R induction kit won't fit a standard k20a6 due to a different intake manifold?

You guys could try checking out Steve arcades thread on his diy cold air kit. Quite cheap and easy to do and I can't imagine much if any performance difference to be honest.