What's new

K24 engine in both the Mk7 and Mk8 2.4l petrol tourers.

antdad

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer i-cdti 07
I'll have to get rid of my Mk7 icdti as I'll be living in the ULEZ when it's expanded so I'm on the look out. I don't know anything about these other than they are a tuner's delight and VTEC s tend to be fairly bomb proof. Is it basically the same engine in both models of the car and what do I need to look out for? TIA

I'll have to get rid of my Mk7 icdti as I'll be living in the ULEZ when it's expanded so I'm on the look out. I don't know anything about these other than they are a tuner's delight and VTEC s tend to be fairly bomb proof. Is it basically the same engine in both models of the car and what do I need to look out for? TIA
Different compression, not sure if piston, cylinder head mods, or both.

Yep they’re not identical but both are bullet proof and seem to be massively up in value since all these emissions zones came in.

As @SayamaAccord said they are quite thirsty, especially when compared to a diesel, but I think that’s also partly because they are just too much fun to drive haha.

I got my mk8 Tourer about a month ago and I’m super happy with it. Comes with a huge amount of kit and it drives really well; particularly after @F6HAD remapped it!

The mk7s have a lot more bolt on performance upgrade options compared to the mk8s, but there are still some fun things like remap & resonator delete that I’ve done to mine, and a few overseas companies have some bolt ons too. This may mean that most 2.4 mk8s are relatively stock compared to mk7s, but don’t quote me on that.

If like me you want an excellent amount of kit in an extremely comfortable car, with good performance that’s ULEZ then I’d recommend the mk8. It also has Bluetooth hands free calling but no Bluetooth music, however, a simple cheap option is this adapter. I have it plugged into the inputs in the centre console, so it’s out of sight. Connects to my phone within 10 seconds of ignition on, plays music through the aux perfectly and calls still route through the cars hands free. Pretty good. Also if you can reign in your right foot a bit you can get decent mpg as well.

Last edited:
I don’t have a solution for the R20 in the 8th gen, or the k20 in the older 7th gen I’m afraid. Gains are very limited anyway as these are not a full blown k20 as found in the ep3 or fn2 civic type R (I can tune the fn2 for example).

Some info further down the page

Absolutely no guarantee the figures are true or how long the engines stay in one piece.