What's new

K24 Type-S - Which oil are you using?

J_VTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Hi

My Accord Type-S is due a service and I was wondering what would be the best oil to use? A friend of mine has a Civic Type-R, he's using 5W30 fully synthetic. Would this be OK in my Accord?

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

I use 5W-30 silkolene pro but do a search there is a thread on this already

Thanks for the info!

I thought there might be a thread. I'll do a search and see what I can dig up.

Cheers

i would also say 5w40 FS in the 2.4 ;-)

Guys it's 5w-30 for better fuel economy or 5w- 40 if you drive more livelier lol

I posted this from Honda back in January, the official choices are 10w40 or 0w20 :ph34r:

Oil%20Application%20Guide%20Pg%201.JPG

We're running 5w30 in my brothers K24 at the moment but I'll be switching him to 5w40 at the next service as these engines do have a drinking habit if you like to use the vtec

Thanks for the info guys.

Checked my last service info and it had 10W40 semi synthetic. It's hardly used a drop either.

Magnatec 10w40 done over 20k with it and never a problem ;)

+1 on this. Castrol Magnatec 10w40 works fine for me.

Something around 70 000miles (5years ,change every 6k) on silkolene 5/40. Engine is doing great:) local honda used semi synth shell 10/40. Independent or DIY!

redline mainly deal with race cars, but heres more info about them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Line_Synthetic_Oil_Corporation
Yeah ive heard of them they just dont have that appealing name if that makes sense does anyone have any reviews on millers and redline oils id like to give them ago

Yeah ive heard of them they just dont have that appealing name if that makes sense does anyone have any reviews on millers and redline oils id like to give them ago

Last two years ive been using redline, and the engine is running great, no problems with oil at all, i service every year, but the last time i serviced it, it didnt really need a oil change the, first redline oil still looked nice and clean, ive got the redline MTF too

also ive used millers too for my BMW, and its good oil, most manufacturers recommend millers, i believe redline is abit more priced thn millers

i'm using Motul 300v 5w40 - double ester