What's new

Key Battery

jupiter

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ctdi
The battery for the key has died. I can open the car with the key but the alarm goes off each time. How can I disable the alarm before I replace the battery in the key?

Any help is appreciated.

Its a 2004 Accord Ctdi

Thanks

The battery for the key has died. I can open the car with the key but the alarm goes off each time. How can I disable the alarm before I replace the battery in the key?

Any help is appreciated.

Its a 2004 Accord Ctdi

Thanks

I haven't tried this myself, but here is something I found somewhere here on my travels:

How to manually code your remote function on your key:
If you have a dead battery and your key has forgotten the code when you replace your battery this info will save you a trip to the dealer and parting with some cash.

MAKE SURE ALL DOORS ARE CLOSED.

1. Switch ignition on and press lock
2. Switch ignition off
3. Repeat 3 times, the locks should cycle, Then press lock on the remote and the locks should cycle again.

Finally remove the key from the ignition and test, you should now have a fully functioning remote key. This will not code the immobiliser; you will need a dealer for this. If you have another key, press lock on that key as well.

that guide will work to re-program your key when you put a new battery in it. You can not disable the alarm unfortunately unless you kill it. You can dis connect it but there is a reserve battery that will take ages to die, By which time you would have got a new battery anyway.

This is what spare keys are for.

this does not work! both my keys are setting the alarm off and when i try this there is no locks cycling - just more alarm noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![

quote name='Azz' timestamp='1326722714' post='92493']
I know but it happened whilst I was out. Fixed it by getting the spare key.

Thanks for your help
[/quote]