What's new

Last off A-Spec suspension from the US?

Nico Boshoff

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Euro R
ukcl9 said:
i think that is for TL only.but i could be wrong.
im changing my coilovers for koni shocks and eibach springs.i belive it will be better than A spec and coilovers for around £600
Thanks for your reply!

Yes, you are right. I asked the seller and here is their reply:

You asked:

Hi there, I live in the UK and I own a Honda Accord 2003 Euro R CL7 (2.0L K20A) Do you know if this will fit my car? ..and how much will shipping be?

Our reply:

Hi, yes it will fit if you switch over the front upper mounts and thin the rear lower mount bushing collars about 3-4 mm. However the spring rates and damper valving are for a TL, which is a larger, heavier car. We would not recommend using this kit in a CL7 Chassis Accord.

My main gripe is, I am still using the car as a family car and I'm only looking for a drop of 20 mm at the back and no more than 25mm at the front. The ideal springs would have been spoon sports which actually does that and they are also superior than the Eibach. The problem is they don't make them anymore.

I literally just want to take some of that gap away that the CL7 is sitting too high if you know what I mean. The A-spec sounded like the ideal fit, but the propper A-spec kit for the CL7 I can't find anywhere too.

This car is even more rare with the limited choice in parts..

Thanks
Nico

the parts are not rare as 99% of parts for the euro r fit over from the cl9.i should know i own both.lol

as for spoon springs,its a shame they dont make them any more.i would buy a set

ive never heard of anyone complaining about eibach springs,ive used them a few times on different cars and love them.

koni shocks have ride hight perches,so you can set the hight you want.and adjust the dampening

ukcl9 said:
the parts are not rare as 99% of parts for the euro r fit over from the cl9.i should know i own both.lol

as for spoon springs,its a shame they dont make them any more.i would buy a set

ive never heard of anyone complaining about eibach springs,ive used them a few times on different cars and love them.

koni shocks have ride hight perches,so you can set the hight you want.and adjust the dampening
Hi Mate,
I think you're actually the only one really getting me. I have been asking around a lot mentioning that I only want to drop my car by 20 mm at the front and 15mm at the back with a slightly more sporty drive, i.e. less body roll. Then, the response I get usually results in a 35-40 mm drop anyway in the end.

So, do you actually have the A-spec kit on your one car? I guess they're not available anymore because it sounded like exactly what I'm looking for.

Coming back to your suggestion. You say I must go for the Eibach and Koni set-up. Does the adjustment then lie within the Koni shock? My car is used as a family car as well, so I still want it to look decent enough with a kid in the back.. :)

I was looking strongly at these ground control springs as well, but you don't get them here in the UK. Only in the US, but with expensive shipping costs
https://www.heeltoeauto.com/ground-control-coilover-sleeves-2003-07-honda-accord-2004-08-acura-tsx-cl9-4516.html

Appreciate your advice..
Nico

i dont have A spec.
if you want less roll buy progress rear anti roll bar.
hight adjustments are on the koni shocks.i cant promise you the exact drop you want tho.but it will be close

google "koni shocks tsx" there are lots of threads on the subject.
i didnt say you must go for koni+eibach.but i think they will be best for the accord,ive got coilovers on my accord's,i dont believe they are built with longevity in mind,i will be upgrading to koni's,ive got the eibach spring already

my euro R is my family wagon.and its dropped about 40-45mm all round with no problems

ukcl9 said:
i dont have A spec.
if you want less roll buy progress rear anti roll bar.
hight adjustments are on the koni shocks.i cant promise you the exact drop you want tho.but it will be close

google "koni shocks tsx" there are lots of threads on the subject.
i didnt say you must go for koni+eibach.but i think they will be best for the accord,ive got coilovers on my accord's,i dont believe they are built with longevity in mind,i will be upgrading to koni's,ive got the eibach spring already

my euro R is my family wagon.and its dropped about 40-45mm all round with no problems

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I am strongly thinking of going for this kit:

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/ground-control-coilover-sleeves-2003-07-honda-accord-2004-08-acura-tsx-cl9-4516.html

The nice thing is, its basically Eibach springs on adjustable sleeves.. I will be using them on my stock shocks, but then later when I need to change the shocks, I will probably change them for Koni's or something similar..

Also, on another topic:

I am looking to buy this ICEbox induction kit. It gets good reviews.
https://www.heeltoeauto.com/comptech-icebox-cold-air-box-2004-08-acura-tsx-accord-euror-cl7-cl9-330-155.html

Cheers
Nico

ukcl9 said:
if you add lowering springs to old shocks,they will fail,sooner or later.do it all in one go,and new bushes if possible
I here what you're saying. I just don't have the cash now to do the lot.. I am quite new to this suspension upgrade so sorry for the dumb question. What do you mean by bushes ... and how do I paste a picture here. I had my wheels refurbished. Would like to show.. :)

Cheers
Nico

if you just want to reduce roll get progress rear anti roll bar cost £200 and is easy to fit,worth every penny

all your suspension arms connecting to the car and wheels hub's have rubber bushes that wear out over time.

for pictures you need to download photobucket,add your pictures to photobucket then copy the img url and past in the thread

ukcl9 said:
if you just want to reduce roll get progress rear anti roll bar cost £200 and is easy to fit,worth every penny

all your suspension arms connecting to the car and wheels hub's have rubber bushes that wear out over time.

for pictures you need to download photobucket,add your pictures to photobucket then copy the img url and past in the thread
Hi mate.. Cheers for that! Do you actually have an anti roll bar installed?

Here is a link to my car currently.
http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/Nico_Boshoff/library/Honda%20Accord%20Euro%20R%20CL7?sort=9&page=1

The break callipers and disc hubs I have cleaned and repainted myself while the wheels have been refurbished.

With regards to my suspension needs. I will never go and track it. I just want a slight drop with a marginal improvement in road holding etc, which I know Eibach will give me that anyway, but because I wanted a drop of only 20mm at the from and 15mm at the back, i started to look at the ground control sleeves. In the US they recommend using the ground control sleeves a lot together with the Koni shocks for people who only wants a subtle drop.

Let me know if the photo bucket link worked?
Cheers
Nico

Interesting reply from a US company (Heeltoe Automotive)

Hi Nico,
You're welcome! Yes, the Pro Kit was designed for use with the stock shocks, so dimensionally, they are going to be significantly different, and would not work with the adjustable sleeves and perches. Also, the Ground Control coilovers use a linear rate spring, vs. the Pro Kit which uses progressive rate springs.

It would be incorrect to say that the Pro Kit is better, or the Ground Control is better. It really depends on what you are using them for. Both springs are produced by Eibach, and are made to a very high level of quality. The Ground Control setup will be better with performance dampers, like Konis or Bilstein or what have you, and allow more user control and fine tuning. The Pro Kit are very simple, and just replace the stock springs, and work well with the stock dampers, but you don't have any adjustability there.

Another thing to consider is that while the Pro Kit will fit on your EuroR dampers, it was likely not designed specifically for the EuroR. I'm sure they would work just fine, but the EuroR damper/spring ***emblies were tuned for higher performance already so there won't be quite as much of a performance jump as there would be if you fitted them to a standard Accord or Acura TSX.

My suggestion would be to keep the stock springs, and upgrade the dampers only with a set of Koni Sports (yellows). They will lower the vehicle (they have a couple of spring perch settings), offer some more performance, and if your stock dampers have more than about 50k on them, probably feel drastically better.

David

I think I might actually start with the Koni's 1st and then if I want to, replace my springs if I feel the need.

ukcl9 said:
interesting.i brought eibach springs for the 2ltr as its lighter than the 2.4
Hi Mate,

I asked this David also about coilovers. His reply is probably not new news, but still interesting. From his reply, you can see the confidence in his words, almost like,..been there done that!.. and not just an opinion.

Obviously you knew this as you are going this route, ...and I'm going to do the same..! (Have you bought your Koni's yet? If yes, where and what did you pay if I may ask?)

Hi Nico,

You're welcome!

Why not just buy coilovers if you are going to buy Konis? GREAT QUESTION. The shocks that come in a set of coilovers at the same price point will not even come close to the Konis in terms of performance. Konis are true performance shocks, and will also last a long time. Most of the shocks that come in the cheaper coilovers don't really last all that long and don't really perform all that well, despite all the fancy colors and features.

I think it would definitely be more cost effective to ship the Icebox and the Konis together. It gets a little tricky finding a box the right size to get the big, square airbox parts in with the shocks, but i think it's worth a shot.

David

larkspeed seem to be the cheapest place,and give life time warrenty.£440 ish

i havent done my mine yet,as my coilovers are ok,im still getting parts together as i will replace my bushes at the same time.

you cant beat koni's.ive had them on perivous cars and they have been great.even had them fitted to my old viggen about 6years ago and still going strong

Thanks for that mate,

almost worth adding these details to suspension stickys.

Do you do your work yourself? Suspension change etc?

Cheers
Nico