What's new

Leather Seats swop around

accord2001

Members
Reaction score
Car
Fr-v
Guys

I am considering changing my 2001 CG8's (SE model )cloth trimmed seats for leather one from an Excutive model, just wondering if it will work on mine, fittings, eletric wise? from previous reply i heard eletric heated seat being mentioned? or are they the same

thanks
Anto

The exec model has heated seats on the front and also the drivers seat is electrically adjusted so the wiring will need putting in for this. Not impossible but you will then need to buy the heated seats switches and install the loom too.
All depends how good you are with the old electrics lol.

Not sure on the actual fitting of the seat but i'm ***uming they will fit and bolt to the same holes?

Have you considered maybe just getting your seats re trimmed in leather?

Hi mate

re-trimming the seats will be too expensive for me,

I am not good with eletronics, therefore it doesn't sounds good if i need to deal with the electrical rewiring for the seat adjustment.

you need only two wires. +12 and ground for seat adjustment...and one more wire +12V for heating(from heating button, same ground can be used)its not difficult at all to wire them.

I did this in our old Primera few years back, I just took the 12v supply from the cigarette lighter. Worked fine for the 7 years we kept that car, never popped a fuse.

If you don't want to go to the trouble of sorting all the wiring why don't you just put the leather upholstery onto your current seat bases?! The padding and upholstery come off the seat base as one part then drop it onto your current bases. No need to even take your bases out the car to do it.

As Fahad said. All you need is a 12v feed. Plenty of them in the car and heated seats are not essential.

Hi mate

re-trimming the seats will be too expensive for me,

I am not good with eletronics, therefore it doesn't sounds good if i need to deal with the electrical rewiring for the seat adjustment.

i have done this already :rolleyes: and have the drivers seat wired up fully plus both front seats are heated (well worth having). i can give you a step by step guide for fitting and the extra wiring needed plus where to connect the wires so it works off the standerd seat fuse :D (front fuse box 30Amps)

Hello Gordon,

please give us a step by step guide, my leather seats are comming soon :blush:
I will convert Executive leather seats in my 2002 Sport.

Today i to saw one 99 CG8 with cream leather seats for breaking, pretty tempted to cnvert my cloth seats to leather one, like Doc said is it as easy as like pulling off a cover and replacing them? i am just little concern if i am able to put them back together if dissemble is required vice versa.

hence my CG8 SE doesn't have heated seats and the one i am looking at has

Reading throught the thread, I guess it depends on which solution one prefers.
If someone is confident with electrics then swap the seats and install wires so that the seats can be altered/moved.
If someone isn't confident with electrics, then swap the covers.

thanks for the info dude,
the guy is offering €100 for the leather seats, pretty tempted by that. i am going to offer depending on the condition though...any negotiation tips lads?

I swapped mine for leather a while back, wired in the motors but not the heating tho wish i had now with this weather, am looking for a set of switches now to do it. Does any one know if a set of dial switches will work i.e. like vw use or does it have to be the two stage switch? Guess the dial switch is just a resistor??

anyone got pics of the switch as I was looking to do this but if they are the same as the standard seats only in leather i'm not gonna bother as the standard seats give me a dead **** after 20minutes of driving and a dead leg to the point i get no circulation... I am used to buckets though and a smaller wheel so maybe it's the seating angle... I'll soon find out when I run my snap off boss and smaller wheel.

i have done this already :rolleyes: and have the drivers seat wired up fully plus both front seats are heated (well worth having). i can give you a step by step guide for fitting and the extra wiring needed plus where to connect the wires so it works off the standerd seat fuse :D (front fuse box 30Amps)
hi i want to do this to my 2002 accord 1.8, too, can you pls send me the guide to.
thxs
ozzie
i have the 2 front deats with connectors and relays in place, and the heated seat switch with pigtales.

Hi im new to this forum and have a set of leather front seats waiting to go in, could you let me know how to fit them using your guide

Cheers
Jimmy

Hi,

Thanks for the reply to my query, could you please send me your step by step guide to fitting leather seats to my email address jameshughes8@sky.com

Cheers
Jimmy