What's new

LED Door handle lights

HtheDON

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord 2.0 SE
This weekend im fitting door handle LED lights, like you get on BMW's etc... Has anybody done this before?

Also i have found some wheels that i think would look perfect on my car, What do you think and will the fit okay???

Finichi.jpg

Size 19" 8.5width tyre size 235/35/19 offset ET45..

Will these fit without any problems around the arch. Remember i am also looking to lower the car soon about 40mm all round.

Thanks,

LED door handles sounds good. will the LEDS be outside or inside?

Can you explain how you will do this as i'm quite interested.

Not sure on wheel fitment, Fahad is probably the best man to speak to as he changes his wheels all the time and has had different variations

LED door handle lights will be on the outside. the LED will sit on the inside of the handle were the hinge is so that it is out of sight.
LED'S will be wired up to the cars interior light so when i unlock the car doors they will light up same as interior lights.

Really classy mod, my brother recently done his and they look really good.

Will post pics up when done!

this does look very interesting!

So far we have only done it on Astra's and a BMW. Will see how it is on the Accord then i can post a how to guide. Hopefully it is a simple task.

Guys I have seen the door handle lights done on the tsx forums...its not a simple mod but once achieved its a very effective mod. Itss one of the mods on my todo list LOL.as hasd has mentioned the led will have to be on the outside attached to the back of the chrome handle its self. This will obviously require the door handle being taken off then a small hole being drilled at the back for the handle for the led holder to sit in place.then a very fine wire(with a little bit of slack for when you pull the handle)which is attached to the led,will have to be run through the handle bracket(the Chrome bit attached to the door)and run into the door and the plastic tubing where all the others door wires run through. This then has to be connected on the same wiring system that which is part of the vanity light at the rear(the one that lights up when you unlock the car). It can be a bit fiddly but great once done,good luck hasd with the project bud and please post pics of get stage mate.

I have read about the LED lights on door handle on a TSX forum- it looked cool. Those black Finichi Firenze rims will surely look cool on the Accord, but I am not too sure they will fit- 8.5" too wide maybe???
huh.gif
By the way what colour is your car??

I had the LED mod on my last accord but only on the inside.. wasnt too fond of drilling a hole in my chrome... but im interested tho to see how you go about it mate :) I will try and find some pics of it...

I knew you'd like this one :lol:

I thought gho was for the outside?

Still - internal looked cool too!

thats the thread shabs, but now after looking at it i think it does look a bit chavy now lol,

Regarding the wheels I think if your car is lowered, you're going to have some issues with a 8.5 wide rim and ET45. Also whilst an 8.5 wide rim will need at least a 235 wide tyre, to keep the correct rolling radius on a 19" rim, you're going to need to go to a 30 profile tyre i.e. 235/30/19

Nah, I think if you changed the colour to white (as long as it turned off at some point) or amber (not too bright); it would be fine...

Mod half done. Need to still do the back doors and footwells. Pics comming soon. Disappointed about the wheels. Won't fit without things getting messy.

The problem I've found with deep dish rims is that they always look smaller than what they actually are.
I had a set of 18" deep dish rims on my landrover freelander and they looked like 17".
Not a happy bunny same with cars back home in SA.
Saying that I love a deep dish alloy but, thats my 2 cents.

18" non deep dish would look sweet.

not bad mate, have you done the rears too, did you route the wires through the same route as i mentioned?

It wasn't as simple as i thought to drill a hole in the chrome. I had to drill the hole just between the chrome and the actual body of the car from the inside.
Fed the LED through and sealed it with non rusting adhesive.
Then i ran the wire on the inside of the door all the way to the rubber seal that goes round the inside of the door. You can see a bit of the wire showing were the door hinge is but thats unavoidable because i had to run the wire to the interior light.
Still need to do the back doors. Just been really busy.
Footwell lights also done front only. lol.

Pictures05-01-10172.jpg

Pictures05-01-10173.jpg

So far we have only done it on Astra's and a BMW. Will see how it is on the Accord then i can post a how to guide. Hopefully it is a simple task.

simple er doubt it u seen the handles on an accord more confusing than a rubix cube lol there in about 6-7 pieces if i remember lol but i wanna know how u do this as i am very interested