What's new

LED Sidelights

Blong91

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport 2.0
Hi all,

I have changed my sidelight bulbs to LEDs, although the first set I got off eBay were too blue. I ordered a larger set with more smds and fitted them the other day. When they were on they were 100% white, but after putting them in the sidelight housing they seem to have a blue tinge to them, almost xenon coloured.

I know the facelift lights have blue housings but mine is a pre. Could it be because my car is Arctic blue? The LEDs I have tried have ranged from pure white to other such names but all end up with the hint of blue. I'm wondering is it just the cheap bulbs I am buying or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Pic:

IMG_20140302_190510.jpg

ya i was also looking for white but just ran with having em blue haha

I agree that LED sidelights can look a bit odd when used with halogen headlamps. If you really must have LED sidelights, then you'll need some with a lower temperature, e.g. 4300K rather than, say, 6000K.

Is Stevie91 the same person as Blong91? How come?

Jon_G said:
I agree that LED sidelights can look a bit odd when used with halogen headlamps. If you really must have LED sidelights, then you'll need some with a lower temperature, e.g. 4300K rather than, say, 6000K.

Is Stevie91 the same person as Blong91? How come?
Lol I must have created two accounts at some point by accident and logged into an old one.

Don't necessarily want LED sidelights, just a nice white. Surely someone has them?