What's new

LED's anyone?

pauljdh

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-dtec auto tourer
Hi Chaps, I like the idea of gradually replacing my filamnet bulbs on my 2006 cdti tourer with LED's.

Not mains, just sidelights, indicators, stop ,tail etc etc. As usual theres hundreds of people out there selling these, some ridiculously cheap, and some no doubt of better quality than others.

Anyone know of a reputable brand / supplier for these beasties?

One other thing - would my car be CAN BUS or not? Its a face lifted 2006 cdti sports tourer, I guess I need to buy according

to whether it is or not.

Thanks

Paul

I've seen some ridiculously cheap and I've seen some that look exactly the same but are massively more expensive.

I've just replaced the sidelights and the stop/tail lights on my 2007 EX saloon. Six LED bulbs cost about £15 altogether. I'm no expert but they don't look like cheap and nasty ones.

Without Hi-Jacking the thread.... Is there a list of what bulbs are needed for the Accord (both Int/Ext) to make buying the LEDs easier? :blush:

Here's a start. I think the majority of the rest are 501 wedge type?

Courtesy of Huskyman

LED fitment

Sidelights - 501 - White
Indicators - 7440 - Amber
Tail light - 7440 - Red
Brake/tail light - 7443 - Red
Rear fog - 7440 - Red
Reverse light - 7440 - White
Door card - 501 - White
Interior map reading lights - 31mm festoon - Any colour you like
Sunvisor vanity mirror - 31mm fuse (vanity bulb) - Any colour you like
Glovebox - 501 - Any colour you like
Numberplate - 501 - White

You need 6Ohm 50W load resistors for the indicator LEDs.

I have just replaced my interior bulbs including door lights and boot, also done side lights and number plate lights.

i got them off ebay from a guy who offers 1 year warrenty with all bulbs.

i got no can bus fault LED's and all work fine.

i'll try get a link or name of he seller later.

I've got these fitted to my 2007 EX i-CTDi and they work fine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009GY2HZC

Just did the LED upgrade in my Tourer. Picked up different types of bulbs from DealExtreme. Smaller 4 led festoon bulbs for the over head front lights and the larger middle light was a 6 led festoon.
The boot lights I've taken particular pride in. We use the tourer to go camping and having a good light in the boot to find things is essential. I didn't think the orange bulbs were up to much. So I picked up 2 of these
sku_239213_1.jpg

After macgyvering a mount in the bulb reflector, these things work fantastically and such a bright, slightly cold light. The boot looks as bright as it does in the day. I may do a small thread about about putting these in, as I did take a few snaps while it put them together.

Just did the LED upgrade in my Tourer. Picked up different types of bulbs from DealExtreme. Smaller 4 led festoon bulbs for the over head front lights and the larger middle light was a 6 led festoon.
The boot lights I've taken particular pride in. We use the tourer to go camping and having a good light in the boot to find things is essential. I didn't think the orange bulbs were up to much. So I picked up 2 of these
sku_239213_1.jpg

After macgyvering a mount in the bulb reflector, these things work fantastically and such a bright, slightly cold light. The boot looks as bright as it does in the day. I may do a small thread about about putting these in, as I did take a few snaps while it put them together.

They look good. I have to say the ones I've got are stupid bright but they're blue :D