What's new

Lights Out

jupiter

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ctdi
Hi all,

Both my headlights went at the same time. The dims, and fogs are still working. I thinking fuse. What do you guys reckon?

Hi all,

Both my headlights went at the same time. The dims, and fogs are still working. I thinking fuse. What do you guys reckon?

well if both went out.. thats a pretty good sign that its a fuse or a relay.
Im not wanting to upset, but that as your first post on here was quite pointless. A 3 minute check could have confirmed if you had blown a fuse or not by just using your own eyes.
In reality there is nothing we can really help with on such a simple fault.

why dont you introduce your self in the newbie section first :huh: post up a little about you / your car, any things you have planned etc .

Adam

well if both went out.. thats a pretty good sign that its a fuse or a relay.
Im not wanting to upset, but that as your first post on here was quite pointless. A 3 minute check could have confirmed if you had blown a fuse or not by just using your own eyes.
In reality there is nothing we can really help with on such a simple fault.

why dont you introduce your self in the newbie section first :huh: post up a little about you / your car, any things you have planned etc .

Adam

Oops sorry. It's just I was posting on the THOAC site (nitegarden) and forgot all about introductions.

Fault only occurred last night, didn't get time to check. Will take a look tonight.

Oops sorry. It's just I was posting on the THOAC site (nitegarden) and forgot all about introductions.

Fault only occurred last night, didn't get time to check. Will take a look tonight.

my bad then B), didnt reconise Azz as a user name :huh:

my guess is a fuse for it to take out both lights at the same time.... i bet that was a fun remainder of a drive home!

I had same foult and it was fuse.
So if you are lucky you got few spare ones in same box with fuses

Surely it would have to be two fuses to go at the same time to loose both mainbeam? There are four fuses, two for the dips and two for the mainbeams, each side is protected separately (certainly is on the face lift icdti, and has been on most cars for a long time now), to avoid just this kind of result. The relay though would be common, as would the wiring up the point it splits off to the fuses. If you're not very good with electrics, get someone who is to look over it.

Thank for all your advice. Turned out it was just a coincedence that both went at the same time. Replacing the bulbs sorted the problem.

Coincidences do happen, sometimes freaky but true, glad it was not a hassle of a fault to find.

Actually it's fairly common and has happened to me on another car. If both bulbs are of a similar age, when one pops, the spike in current can overload the other one and if it's weak, cause it to pop.

It least that's how it was explained to me by an RAC tech and made sense.

Glad you got it sorted fella sometimes things that go wrong can be very simple to fix.That is why i always eliminate the easy and simple things first if looking for faults.

checked my bulbs now,they went off same time.what a shame.
I had only one bulb spare,so need to buy set now..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good time to get some HID's :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-CAR-SLIM-BALLAST-H1-6000K-BULBS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c088e411QQitemZ110604379153QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Cheapest on ebay right now as far as I can see.

That's for the slim version which is a little pricier..

Check the standard price out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-HID-BALLAST-BULBS-KIT-XENON-35W-H1-6000K-car-light-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1431201fQQitemZ120597848095QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

But they always been about 30 £
And I am not very good in electircal stuf,(don't want to mess with it)so need to buy normal lights

Ged, if you can wire a plug at home, you can wire these up. There is no need for any soldering or insulation tape or chopping wires - it's all plug and play.

Yes but you can handle a drill right?

Ged trust me it`s straight forward fitting HIDs.

If you`ve read my brake switch fitting thread and the problems I caused you will know that when it comes to fiddling with cars I am a muppet

The only problem is, it`s a bit fiddly and tight getting the bulbs in, but it`s well worth it, the difference is amazing

ok lads,becouse now is urgent situation and I have to buy light quickly I buy normal,but next time i buy HID
Thats gonna be my next mod

ged let me klnow when you get them as i might do trhe same,also i dont think you live too far away so we have a crack at it if you like(first time ill be fitting h.i.d 's too,lol)