What's new

Liquid dripping from rear of the engine

Dave_G

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Tourer EX CTDi
I'm pretty sure its just the aircon removing moisture from the car but can someone confirm that I should see water dripping near the exhaust at the back of the engine in the centre of the car. Drove to work today and was told about an hour later that my car had a leak. I've checked it and think its just the aircon doing its job.

I'm pretty sure its just the aircon removing moisture from the car but can someone confirm that I should see water dripping near the exhaust at the back of the engine in the centre of the car. Drove to work today and was told about an hour later that my car had a leak. I've checked it and think its just the aircon doing its job.
Probably is from the aircon. Turn it off and see if the dripping stops.

I'd agree. If you are in any doubt and think it might be oil then next time it happens chuck some water on the patch. If it is oil you'll get colourful shiny patterns!

Alan

The problem was the car had been switched off for over an hour and it was still dripping. It was a clear liquid though.

The fact that I just had my aircon regassed 2 days ago probably made it more efficient at removing any moisture too

Air con fella it's perfectly normal