What's new

Little oil around egr valve? 2007 cdti facelift

Pacman8184

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 cdti sport GT
Hi I've got an issue of a bit of an oil leak from the egr valve where it meets the egr pipe below I get a build up of oil around it every 2-300 miles, inside where the intercooler pipe comes in to the inlet is pretty clean with only a sweat of oil. Also the intake side of the air is is also clear of oil. Can't think where it's coming from. Also oil level is fine. No consumption. Any help or advice will be great full. Thanks

Is that where the blanking plate is fitted Neil? It's pretty normal I've found, you may need some tiger seal or another gasket sealant to make a tighter seal. It's not oil but actually fuel vapours..

Yeah it's where the blanking plate is. Haven't put any sealer around it to be honest, I'll do that then. As long as it's 'normal' cheers.

Although when I wipe my finger across it it does look and feel like oil but oil level doesn't move.

Dirty diesel vapours can feel like oil.. Well it's all derived from the same stuff in the ground anyway. You won't be getting engine oil in the inlet manifold mate