What's new

Locked Boot

rattache

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord cdti
As of today I can not open the boot on my 2008 i-ctdi. The doors all lock / unlock with the key fob but the boot does not unlock. I can hear the boot lock doing something when I try it. When I try the boot release lever it does not feel like anything is happening. I have tried leaning on the boot whilst operating the key fob without success. In order to fix it I need access to the boot but I can not get in. Does anyone know how I can gain access.
Thanks john.

I would ***ume saloon as access is easy from inside with the tourer.Seats prolly dont quick fold on saloon.We all know about the common problem of wiring loom on hinge with our wagons but i wonder if the 4 door has a similar design? Havn't seen any help requests with these before so perhaps not.Is the lock mechanism below rarther than on bootlid?

The car is a saloon. I suspect the problem is with the lock mechanism rather than electrical. The seat fold release is in the boot. I just need it open so I can find the problem.

The seat fold release is in the boot.
Well thats not the best is it! I cannot advise how gain access unless you can work some kind of flexible steel rod or bar behind the seat to hit the release button? does the centre arm rest drop revealing a hatch? Once you do get in i have seen used lock mechanisms on ebay so shouldnt cost the earth.

The centre arm rest does drop down but there is no access to the boot. The release for the seats is approximately under the rear shelf, I wonder if I can remove the speakers from inside the car and gain access that way. Knowing my luck they will be fastened on the boot side. I will have a look when the wife brings the car back. Even if I manage to get the seats down it is going to be a struggle for me to get in to the boot. I am 64 years old with limited mobility. Wish me luck.

It might be worth trying to see if disconnecting the battery for a few minutes will reset the system. It worked on my estate.

If I am right about the fault being mechanical rather than electrical then disconnecting the battery will not help. If I can not find anything mechanical wrong when / if I manage to get the boot open I will give it a try.

Yes. Pull up for boot release, push down for fuel flap. The boot release feels like there is no resistance and is not working.

I'm wondering if something large has moved around in the boot and jammed up against the hatch. Try taking the car out for a short spin and jam on the brakes a few times to shift whatever is in there forwards.

If you were slightly closer I could help as I have a number of tools for lock access here, but as you say, speaker removal might be your next move

Good news it's fixed. I managed to gain access through the speaker and fold the seats. The speaker cover is held by four clips and just pulls off revealing four 8mm screws which hold the speaker. I unplugged the speaker and lifted it out. With the seats down and working from inside the boot I removed the boot trim so I could see the lock. I found that one of the two screws which secure the number plate cover, that sits above the locking mechanism, had come out and firmly lodged itself in the lock. I removed it with a magnet. No damage had been caused and everything is working again. I refitted both screws using loctite. I have a picture showing the position of the missing screw but the file is too big to upload. How do I reduce it? Thanks to everyone for their input.
Stay safe Regards John.