What's new

Looking for 2.4 petrol exhaust (auto)

sidlawsoarer

Reaction score
Car
accord 2.4 auto
Hi Folks

I have browsed these forums since I got my Accord a year ago and found the info very interesting.

I have a problem, The exhaust on my Accord needs replacing from the cat back. The single pipe to twin section is shot as is the box leading into it from the cat. Best plan would be to replace it all but I can't find one other than from Honda which is expensive. Around £800! :blink:

Any suggestions? A custom stainless steel one is the best suggestion so far but not had a quote yet.

Car is a 2003 2.4 petrol automatic. Exhaust has twin rear silencers/tailpipes.

George

I would say go stainless custom, u can choose the sound, choose the tail pipes and I don't think it would be anymore than £350 -£400?

Try ringing HH, and mention the forum, they were selling full exhaust systems for about 300-400 pounds.

Hi Kris81. Yes, Stainless steel is looking like my only option. Thanks for confirming my thoughts and it sounds like a much better price the Honda one which is about double that!

I will try HH first though. Thanks drobbins777

^ crikey prices for these exhausts have really dropped, a couple of years back each "half" was that price :eek:

I got a genuine complete system from Lings Honda for £370 which included the gaskets, just checked online they still have them at that price. It was for a 2.4 tourer

I had a custom stainless steel system fitted. Cheapest quote I got was £490.

Just thought id add, Just ordered mine from HH, £283 including gaskets delivered. That was for manual saloon.

Thanks again for the code Steve, and of course big thanks to HH, great service. And to round off a good day Integra passed its MOT this morning with no advisories

Cheers,
Robert

Hi All,
My exhaust broke today, where the oval splits in two. Not enough meat on the pipe to weld it.

10259812_813904422020441_7261696489826854511_n.jpg

Is Holdcroft Honda quite good for this price of £283 for the cat-back system?

Cheers
Kris