What's new

Loose seats.?/

crespo

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-vtec
I have an executive with full leather and electric seats, Both seats move by about 1cm (or just under) under braking. This is not just the drivers seat but also the passenger seat. Is there a simple bolt that needs tightening or do i just have to put up with it.
Any help appreciated

Neil this is a common problem.There were a few members hear with the same thing and i think the fix was on the old site.
If im right i think Jav had this so might be worth pm him.

Neil this is a common problem.There were a few members hear with the same thing and i think the fix was on the old site.
If im right i think Jav had this so might be worth pm him.

Cheers Brett. I will wait and see if anyone pipes up with the fix on this thread and if not i will drop him a PM.

Cheers Brett. I will wait and see if anyone pipes up with the fix on this thread and if not i will drop him a PM.
Here you go Neil i found this have a look at Adams post

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/656-loose-seat/

Here you go Neil i found this have a look at Adams post

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/656-loose-seat/

Nice one fella. I will give that a go tomorrow as i have the day off. Hopefully it solves the problem. Cheers. :D

Nice one fella. I will give that a go tomorrow as i have the day off. Hopefully it solves the problem. Cheers. :D
No probs mate i have a good memory ;)

How strange, my seat does the same thing. I will have a gander at it tomorrow. Love this forum !

You know I think I also might have this issue. If I corner hard, I sometimes feel my seat move every so slightly..

If anyone fixes this, let us know what it was please.

Yes guys I had this on my old Accord, what I did was unbolt the seat completely and then re-bolt it back together... this sorted the issue for about 6 months... and then it came back, but before I got round to sorting it again my car got wrote off :(

Loctite ?

I have the same issue drivers seat seems to move about 1cm even when locked into place a bit annoying more than anything.

You know I think I also might have this issue. If I corner hard, I sometimes feel my seat move every so slightly..

Yep me too,its only slight but annoying and off putting the same. I will have a look at it.

I will be having a good look at what the problem is and a possible solution tomorrow. I will report back and post a guide if i am successful.

I'll wait for you then, feel free to post up some pics :lol:

Are there any developments on this as I have the same problem when cornering.

i had a loose drivers seat. everytime i pull away in 1st gear seat seemed to move back and make a noise. turned out one of the rear bolts was slightly loose. tightened it up and no more movement and noise!

So just give all four bolts a check on each seat.

Booooooooo, did all the bolts with no change. It feels like it's the seat base and I notice someone has had the side panel of the seat. Oh well, drawing board again!

Thread resurrection here - hope this is OK.

Just noticed my driver's seat (2006 EX CTDI saloon with electric seats) moves about 1-2cm on the rear fixing on a sharp corner. I've had the car 4 years (trouble free so far apart from a pair of rear brake calipers) but only just noticed this noise. I thought at first it might be that something had broken/come loose in the seat fixings at the back but taking the rear trim off there is no sign of anything broken or anything loose. Instead, it looks like the mechanism for moving the back of the seat can be forced to move around a little. This leads me to think maybe "they are all like that" and maybe it's just where I've learnt to really nail a particular corner on a new route into work causing me to suddenly notice the noise.

Two questions:

Is this a "feature" rather than a "fault" and if so can it be safely ignored forever?

or

do I need to get something repaired within the seat and, if so, what is it that needs work and how long should I ignore it?

Thanks in advance if anyone can advise.....