What's new

Lost puddle light in door

hale-pope

Members
Reaction score
Car
10 i-dtec tourer ex
I went to change the bulb in the front passenger side puddle light and the little thing only fell into the door. Gggrr - 45 mind of trying to fish it out has not yielded success. Any tips? Am I best to take the door lining off? Thanks in advance.

Shouldnt need to take the whole door lining off bud , the bottom is just clipped on .. Pulling along the bottom should be suffice to get your bulb out

It takes less than 4 mins to take the door off when you know what your doing. I'd just take the door card off. It's got to be quicker than trying to fish it out.

Thank you. I will attempt to pull the bottom off but is there anything I should be aware of? I cannot seem to find any videos to show me how to do this and don't want to muck up the car. Thank you.

http://youtu.be/ynX1q3q15oE
Easy as that , nothing to damage as long as you dont pull the card out too far as its attached at the arm rest but you can get your hand in no probs

Thank you for your help. Easy to ease the bottom of the door lining away. Had to take the whole door panel off in the end but this was easy too. The issue with the front door was a loos connection and the issue with the back door was that it had just popped itself into the door inner. All sorted now.